Genki I study group [home thread]

Don’t forget omgjapan and white rabbit express:

There are also graded readers:

3 Likes

The community is what Wanikani is all about. Everyone here is learning Japanese, and has many of the same struggles. Good luck.

9 Likes

My book should get here tomorrow. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My birthday is today! 誕生日おめでとう!

10 Likes

Exams over :white_check_mark:
Books arrived :white_check_mark:
This cool thread :white_check_mark:

Everything is in order to study! Looking forward to Thursday

8 Likes

great, I’ll be joining.

4 Likes

@Jiggly_Jellyfish One thing to consider if it hasn’t been proposed already - in the book club groups, they make a separate thread for each chapter/set of chapters that is being discussed in a certain time period (for example しろくまカフェ Vol 1: Absolute Beginner Book Club) This way, if someone falls behind they can easily find all of the discussion for that chapter. And then this main thread could be for general discussions/organization and link to each new chapter thread.

16 Likes

I would second that.

1 Like

This sounds like a good idea.

2 Likes

Great. Tagging this. I am already on lesson four, so maybe I will jump in when the group catches up.

2 Likes

This is potentially a good idea, lets do a POLL to be sure : )

• one thread for each chapter
  • this thread for everything
  • Idk I felt like clicking on this poll

0 voters

9 Likes

Are you guys planning to open up a discord server or no?

I think we should!

@anon56347064 @evelynn99 :slight_smile:

10 Likes

I just started wanikani but i’d like to join the group.
Im ready!

7 Likes

Very soon! Brace yourselves! :star_struck:

4 Likes

Hey, I’m in!
Started wanikani a few days ago. If there’s any kanji I don’t get I’m counting on you people to help me and other newbies/below level 10 lmao

6 Likes

I found this and thought it would be useful:

https://archive.org/details/K0407_201704/

The Genki textbook comes with a CD that contains mp3 files of audio that is referenced throughout the textbook, but for those who do not have access to a computer with a CD player (like myself), you can listen to the audio using the link!!

12 Likes

Ah! Thank you! I don’t have any way to play the CD, so this is immensely helpful for me. :hugs::partying_face::raised_hands:t4:

3 Likes

Is there anything wrong with the complete Genki I memrise course as opposed to the individual one that’s split between ch1-6 and 7-12?
I’ve gone through both the Genk I and Genk II memrise courses on Memrise, they’re pretty good.

2 Likes