Genki I study group [home thread]

Fantastic! Had the books for a couple of months now but been delaying for no good reason. Can’t wait to start with everyone :slight_smile:

8 Likes

my body is ready!

10 Likes

I’m still in and catching up again on the thread, but just wanted to give a big THANK YOU to whoever planned this to start AFTER Anime Expo in LA this week! :grin:

5 Likes

Cool, I’ve managed to reach level 10 before the start.
So, how exactly will this work? Every week we have to go through one chapter from both the text and workbooks (and complete all exercises contained in them)?

5 Likes

This is a great idea, and I’m really looking forward to it. I’ve only recently reached level three but I’m ready to supplement my learning with Genki as Duolingo/Lingodeer will only get me so far.

4 Likes

In! Will try to do bunpro on the side. Thanks!

4 Likes

:raised_hand:

4 Likes

Good timing, I received both books and workbooks and the answer key last week. Count me in.

4 Likes

Great idea, I am interested, too.

4 Likes

I’m in! I have the Genki textbook borrowed from my university library already, so until I can get my own copy it should suffice!

5 Likes

Count me in too! That’s such a good idea’!

7 Likes

I am learning Japanese in uni, and we are using Genki. You can definitely do it earlier than level 10. Genki has all the vocabulary you need for the book itself.

9 Likes

I want to join too!

4 Likes

Niceee, your photo is a bit zoomed in though :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

what a coincidence :o it’s July 11 because that’s when I get back from my summer vacation

3 Likes

I’m in! I’ve had my Genki I book for best part of two years, but only this last couple months have been getting back into it. On chapter 4, but will happily go back over the last few chapters again, even if only for reinforcement!

3 Likes

I’m in. I’ve gone through a few chapters already, but since I’m self-studying entirely it’ll be super nice to have others to discuss things with.

I’m pretty stoked to have some sort of structure in a group setting :call_me_hand:t3:

Also, my birthday is on the 13th so it’ll be a good start to my new year

4 Likes

HI there ! First message here haha ! I just bought Genki I so I m ready to start with you on thursday :fire:

7 Likes

Welcome! I am also pretty new here.:smile:

5 Likes

There seem to be some pretty nice people in this community :smile: nice to meet you :relaxed:

6 Likes