Forums not working on iPhone over data

So, I’ve noticed that the WaniKani community works just fine when I’m on a computer, or on my iPhone when I’m using WiFi. However, when I’m using data, recently the forums haven’t been loading and just say “Safari cannot open the page because it could not establish a secure connection to the server”, even though I can access any other website just fine over data. Does anybody know how to fix this, or if this is a thing on my end, WK’s end, or Discourse’s end? Thanks!

2 Likes

No clue! Good luck!

1 Like

I’m posting right now from my iPhone on data. :man_shrugging:

Maybe try toggling airplane mode on and off?

4 Likes

Hey, that worked! wow I’m incredibly dumb for not thinking to do that before :sweat_smile:

But thank you! I appreciate the help :relaxed:

1 Like

No prob. I don’t know why but that always fixes issues for me when similar situations happen. Even if it’s only affecting what looks like one site.

1 Like

What network are you on? It came up on the Discourse forums that many people on AT&T are having issues on several Discourse forums.

2 Likes

Yup, I have AT&T. Not sure exactly why it wasn’t working, but good to know that it wasn’t just me

1 Like

Yeah, it’s really strange. Discourse said that we (users or WaniKani staff) would need to open a support ticket with AT&T. Not that I expect much would come from it.

2 Likes

@JenK @oldbonsai do you know if anything has been done about this on your end?

It’s the first we’ve heard of it. My guess would be that AT&T updated/broke their SSL certificate chains somehow, and that turning airplane mode off/on grabbed the fresh chain. If it keeps up let us know and we’ll reach out to Discourse. Like @seanblue said, though, I don’t know how much can be done with the corporate overlords at AT&T the support channels we have.

3 Likes

That could explain the difference for me. I have Verizon.

It’s been broken for me for the last two days straight now. Discourse already knows and suggested affected users reach out to AT&T directly and escalate the issue to them. I’m not sure reaching out to Discourse again will help.

Someone from Discourse suggested the same thing basically. I might try contacting AT&T, but I honestly don’t even know how to explain it to them in a way they’ll understand…

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.