Finnaly tackling Genki

I’ve tamed the beast!! :muscle:
Or it feels like that anyway. Genki was my number 1 burdensome resource of all my JP routine.

I just couldn’t get my self to advance, the whole routine of the book, my notebook, writing, etc. Just was too prone to distraction. Nothing like SRS systems in a computer, wich I find to have a “gamefying” element that boost my attention.

Anyway, this weeks with some spare time, visiting my country, I tried to tackle this problem… and I think I did. My solution was to make the routine into something like SRS, or at least clearly make it visible wich were the tasks to complete and set myself a dialy schedule, along the lines of my WK reviews.

It looks like this (using Evernote). So all the activities (Textbook minus pair / group / class activities + Workbook). A checklist, and the checks divided for the days I plan to complete the chapter.

So far pretty sweet. Tackling Ch.12 at last!!!

Probably will take a month or two to review and then start with Genki 2.

Anyway, just my 2 cents, nothing too fancy. :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

The power of checklists! :white_check_mark:
Keep it up :crabigator:

1 Like

too bad Evernote has no progress bar to add, no levels, and a timeline :sweat_smile:

silly thing how tricking your mind works :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I thought it was in Portuguese for a moment… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for posting this - it’s simple, but I hadn’t thought of it, and I think it’s exactly what I need to do. I’ve also been struggling to get into a routine with Genki, and I love the idea of having a checklist like this (having a row of marked check boxes makes me feel so accomplished lol). I’m totally going to sit down and try to make something like this for myself this weekend.

1 Like

I know it’s quite simple :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

Just a temporary measure 'till Koichi’s team release EtoEto, with a forum and a thousand members, some of them making cool scripts to help my grammar learning as well :star_struck::star_struck:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.