Example sentences sometimes use the wrong word

I’ve just learned 散らかす (to scatter something), but the example sentence used 散らかる (to be scattered). This made me get the answer wrong twice before realising my mistake, and will likely make me get it wrong months later because I’ll remember that example sentence.
This has definitely happened before with other words too. Why even bother having example sentences if you’re not going to use the word in them?

It does use 散らかす. It just happens to also use 散らかる earlier in the sentence.

Give us examples that fit that description if you know of them though.

So it does :cold_sweat:
I’ve looked through some vocab and couldn’t find any examples. I swear this has happened before but it might have just been the English translation not quite matching with the Japanese, similar to the 散らかす sentence.

I don’t know if this counts, but for 〜札 as a suffix, it says the kun’yomi should be used, but the example sentences all use stuff like 二千円札 where I thought it was read さつ, as suggested by the other vocab (千円札). This is kind of confusing because there are no furigana, so when you read the description for the suffix and then the sentences, you’d kind of assume it is read ふだ in that context.

That’s already been mentioned on the forum before and an update is scheduled IIRC.

I see, thanks for the info :slight_smile:

You’re welcome.