Eto eto website status

Does anyone know if the website is still accessible? It doesn’t seem to load at all anymore.

I’m aware it wasn’t being updated even when I used it last, but I used to use the audio for shadowing and wanted to check how much my recognition had changed since the last time I tried it.

7 Likes

Wait this website is alive? I thought it was dead and abandoned years ago.

2 Likes

No idea what you’re talking about. It’s coming SoonTM.

19 Likes

Right after the WaniKani mobile app is out, I guess.

11 Likes

Nah, nobody wants a mobile app for WaniKani!

13 Likes

Pretty much everyone using wanikani on mobile wants an app or already uses one of the unofficial ones already.

1 Like

I think it was a joke

9 Likes

I have no idea what you’re talking about, the mobile experience is incredible!

I’m almost certain that nobody wants offline lessons or reviews!

What @Vanilla said, hehe

14 Likes

I take it back, I don’t think he’s joking guys

5 Likes

tenor-160015834

6 Likes

EtoEto will be released right after Winds of Winter.

14 Likes

It’s got a lot of in common with that, in fact

4 Likes

They discontinued the EtoEto domain sometime last year, I think because Heroku was upgrading its platform, which would require maintenance on EtoEto, which was abandoned in its current form.

10 Likes

The real EtoEto was the friends we made along the way

18 Likes

:frowning_face:

That’s a real shame. I only bought a subscription for textfugu in order to access etoeto. Even though I was half hoping for them to update it someday I still felt the audio they had recorded was helpful and worth what I paid. Now it definitely feels disappointing if it’s inaccessible.

I wonder if they could release the audio and text files - there wasnt a huge amount there.

Does anyone know of any other good shadowing resources with transcripts? Real everyday conversations with normal talking speed would be ideal. An explanation of uncommon grammar and phrases would be a bonus.

I sometimes use satori reader but the nature of that app is a lot more scripted and they often feel a bit dry.

4 Likes

I think by now it’s fair to say that nobody expects a mobile app for WK :grin:

6 Likes

That would be really awesome

2 Likes

Yes that is, of course, happening next week, followed up with ADOS by the end of the month.

3 Likes

This message has a tweet from tofugu in 2023 seemingly confirming etoeto’s death

5 Likes