Durtle page on the Tofugu store now has a password, what are they planning?

So basically, for those that might have missed it, Tofugu’s store has a page named “Durtle” that does seemingly nothing most of the year, and it’s really empty.
In the past, it’s apparently where people could buy durtles or something.

Even as recently as October, anyone could use the link and visit the page.
However, it now requires a password to access. What password? Only the crabigator could tell…

Judging by what’s happened in previous years though, it’s related to the ARG (Alternate Reality game) that the wanikani team has done for some years.

Does this mean we’re getting a new ARG? I sure hope so.

What do you all think?

28 Likes

Oh, this sounds intriguing. You used to be able to buy durtles?

3 Likes

I have never understood the appeal of ARGs.

2 Likes

The Durtles are coming…

10 Likes

So it begins

7 Likes

I wonder if we could guess the password somehow. I want to see what’s behind the lock.

4 Likes

I already tried “koichi” and “durtle”, the most obvious.

7 Likes

I doubt it would be that easy, so “koichi”, “durtle”, “crabigator”, “wanikani”, “tofugu” and “password” are definitely out.

10 Likes

Intriguing stuff: I tried crabsmas and durtmas for some holiday flair! :joy:

8 Likes

Well it told me to “Please try again”, so I tried “again”, they lied to me.

35 Likes

Say “friend” and enter!

Also, egoooott was a dud. >_>

6 Likes

https://store.tofugu.com/durtle-black-market

black market lol!

i knew i was in a sect but this is getting daaark

11 Likes

Oddly specific. Is that a reference to something I haven’t seen yet? :grin:

2 Likes

This is before my time in the forums, but it’s part of the previous forum events. ^^

4 Likes

Ah so ARGs around Christmas time are a tradition then? In that case, time to start solving this one. :grin:

4 Likes

It certainly would be fun if this is real! :grin:

3 Likes

It does seem oddly specific that the weird durtle black market page that has been empty for a long time suddenly got a login prompt around Christmas. Although I doubt we can just guess the login, I guess we’ll have to wait for a clue or something.

6 Likes

Indeed, that seems to have been how the other events played out. People finding clues and then solving them! :female_detective:

5 Likes

after organising all these treasure hunts for the kittens, i’d quite enjoy participating in one!

5 Likes

Hmm…

13 Likes