Does anyone else *live* for the level up emails?

Maybe I’m odd, but I find myself waaay too excited to read the email from Koichi when I level up.
It’s the most excited I get for email, and I read it through a couple of times over.

Is this just me? :sweat_smile:

They’re funny, they’re helpful, and encouraging. I’m only at level 6, so I hope they continue!

43 Likes

Me too. I levelled up today, and the first thing I did was go to check the new email.

7 Likes

Can absolutely relate!! I’m also looking forward to hear the sound of the email coming in as soon as I finished reviewing all necessary items :heart_eyes: also hoping every time to read another message of a LVL 60 user as they are so motivating :scream: :triumph:

5 Likes

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!

I’m on level 31 and I still look forward to those emails, like literally refreshing my inbox after every gurud kanji, ejem.

P.S., when I found out about the secret messages in them, my love for those emails went up, to the point where it is not possible to love them more.

Okay, enough of this crazyness hsmhms

3 Likes

secret messages?

7 Likes

yep, you’ll find it if you digg a little about egooott, the descent into B8 and Durtle heaven…

Summary

Look here: have fun :3

2 Likes

…oh dear :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

And now a message from a level 60 user:

I don’t get to receive level-up emails anymore :cry:

12 Likes

I’m getting closer and closer to that point, and I feel sad about it because I also adore the level-up e-mails. :sob:

3 Likes

As the great Abraham Lincoln once said,

“Sometimes in life, you have to create your own level-up emails.”

5 Likes

Whenever I knew I was close to a level up, each time a kanji from the current level appeared during the review, I wondered, “is this the one?” Then I hit enter and listened for the email sound… ding! Inside my head I did a mental fist pump in celebration. Then after finishing all the reviews I read the email for motivation because I knew I could get to the next one if I just kept going one day at a time.

Alas, I received the last level up email when I hit 60 about a week ago. Also, yay!

8 Likes

My life (for level-up emails) has sadly ended 300.7 days ago.

4 Likes

Yassss. Totally. The emails are the best.

1 Like

It’s insane how much they motivate/help me to keep going

2 Likes

Usually I hate those kind of emails… don’t even read them
but yes, with WaniKani it’s totally different
always checking, reading and adoring them whenever I level up <3
:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

yes yes, i really do get excited when i got the email :grinning:, but sometimes it doesn’t show up on time when u level up, so whenever that happens i peek at this this (thread to see lvl up emails, but please don’t spoil yourself) for celebrating my own achievement, but it’s kinda sad that no level up email for me anymore :cry:

2 Likes

Same thing. The first 10 ones were encouraging, which was nice. Beyond that it was just a congrats though. Felt like I was put up for adoption by level 10. But I still have hope.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.