Disable wiki edit notifications

That seems like a bug. Pretty sure you should not get notifications of any sort from muted threads

1 Like

I might have set the thread to Normal instead of muted. Just changed it so hopefully that works (but I’d still like to block edit notifications without blocking reply/mentioned notifications if its possible :thinking: )

2 Likes

Agreed, there should be an option to mute wiki posts without muting the whole thread

2 Likes

You could always suggest it. Maybe they’ll consider adding this feature in the future.

1 Like

I just realized that I have a wiki post that was edited by someone yesterday, and I didn’t get a notification. I have the topic set to “Normal”. :thinking:

1 Like

How though :thinking:
(Im gonna bank on a mod eventually finding this thread)

I don’t know how a mod is going to help you. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

This is a test wiki post. @kitsunensei please modify to see if I get a notification.

Filling in for @kitsunensei

1 Like

They aren’t all-powerful? :anguished:

(Also unfortunately im barred from editing posts right now, wiki or otherwise. I guess I hit the daily limit but that will expire in 2 hours so I’ll try editing your wiki then!)

1 Like

… There’s a daily limit for that too??

1 Like

Apparently. there should be a badge for that: “please install spell-check” or something :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I edited @seanblue’s post in your place :blush:

Also, to contribute to the discussion, I asked the same question in the past and got the same answer.
(And I do not really want to go ask on meta.discourse, I saw what happened to seanblue the last couple of times)

3 Likes

Thank you kindly, Naphthalensei / KitsuNaph

1 Like

Hmm… I did get a notification. But I didn’t get one when 少女終末旅行 Home Thread (Beginner Book Club) was edited yesterday.

2 Likes

Thanks for trying! At the very least these notifications will let me know when someone in the threads levels up so it makes it easier to congratulate people :tipping_hand_woman:

1 Like

There’s a limit for deleting posts as well

1 Like

Sorry I’m late to the party. So after rooting through meta.discourse, I think the difference in notifications that @seanblue is noticing might stem from the fact that Discourse seems to handle wiki’ed posts differently depending on whether or not they’re the OP in the thread. Unfortunately, I’m having trouble finding specifics.

3 Likes

Want to inquire on Discourse Meta so I don’t have to? :wink:

1 Like

And deprive you of the chance to interact with the community over there? :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, if I can’t find anything I’ll ask about it.

5 Likes

Thanks! For some extra data points, I did get notifications for edits made on the following two posts. Like the post above that I didn’t get a notification for, these were created by me and are the first post in the topic. The only difference is that these two topics I’m tracking or watching, whereas the other one is marked as normal.

2 Likes