Disable wiki edit notifications

Is there a way to do this? I poked around the notification settings area but didn’t find anything related to wiki edits

1 Like

Not that I know of. You’re better off asking on http://meta.discourse.org.

2 Likes

I think the only way is to mute the whole thread

1 Like

I tried looking there last week but the suggestions were for mods and not regular users :confused:

I tried that for one thread and I’m still getting notifications :persevere:

@CyrusS help? :bowing_woman:

That seems like a bug. Pretty sure you should not get notifications of any sort from muted threads

1 Like

I might have set the thread to Normal instead of muted. Just changed it so hopefully that works (but I’d still like to block edit notifications without blocking reply/mentioned notifications if its possible :thinking: )

2 Likes

Agreed, there should be an option to mute wiki posts without muting the whole thread

2 Likes

You could always suggest it. Maybe they’ll consider adding this feature in the future.

1 Like

I just realized that I have a wiki post that was edited by someone yesterday, and I didn’t get a notification. I have the topic set to “Normal”. :thinking:

1 Like

How though :thinking:
(Im gonna bank on a mod eventually finding this thread)

I don’t know how a mod is going to help you. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

This is a test wiki post. @kitsunensei please modify to see if I get a notification.

Filling in for @kitsunensei

1 Like

They aren’t all-powerful? :anguished:

(Also unfortunately im barred from editing posts right now, wiki or otherwise. I guess I hit the daily limit but that will expire in 2 hours so I’ll try editing your wiki then!)

1 Like

… There’s a daily limit for that too??

1 Like

Apparently. there should be a badge for that: “please install spell-check” or something :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I edited @seanblue’s post in your place :blush:

Also, to contribute to the discussion, I asked the same question in the past and got the same answer.
(And I do not really want to go ask on meta.discourse, I saw what happened to seanblue the last couple of times)

3 Likes

Thank you kindly, Naphthalensei / KitsuNaph

1 Like

Hmm… I did get a notification. But I didn’t get one when 少女終末旅行 Home Thread (Beginner Book Club) was edited yesterday.

2 Likes

Thanks for trying! At the very least these notifications will let me know when someone in the threads levels up so it makes it easier to congratulate people :tipping_hand_woman:

1 Like

There’s a limit for deleting posts as well

1 Like