I already finished the book last week, as I already said, but I also promised comments, so here are comments!
Overall I would say I liked the book. It’s not the best thing I’ve ever read, but was also definitely enjoyable enough to keep reading. So, I’ll read the second volume with the club too
More specific things
Some things I liked were:
- The RPG stuff with the stats and other similar things was definitely very fun, and probably what I enjoyed the most
- The thing with the gods living with humans what was piqued my interest in the first place, so I kind of feel like I have to mention that too
- The fights did a decent job being exciting and stuff
There were three main things I felt could have been better:
- It took a pretty long time to reach the obvious conclusion of the silverback fight. I guess it was still kind of exciting with the long chase, while simultaneously being annoying because it felt obvious how it was going to end?
- There was one conversation that was pretty long and felt like it was there mostly to introduce some characters, but then didn’t actually do much to show the personality of said new characters in the conversation, despite its length.
- Some of the sound effects. It felt a bit excessive sometimes(it had way more of those sound effect things than anything else I’ve read recently), and like some things didn’t really need sound effects.
Maybe 采 as in 采配?
The wiktionary page for 采 has this too
(which just comes back as 采 if I try to copy it. So, in other words I assume it’s just 采 but in a different font on that page)