Converting the 2K/6K Anki Decks to Interactive Systems?

Hey everyone,

I’ve tried using the 2K/6K core decks for learning Japanese vocabulary in the past, and while I do find them very useful, I’ve always wondered if there was a way to convert the formatting of the cards into something more engaging. I really enjoy the setup that WaniKani offers for typing in characters followed by the correct answer. I know that Anki offers in-depth customization for cards, but I have no idea how to go about changing the settings of the core decks into something similar. Does anyone know how to do this? I’ve found tutorials covering how to make cards with answer boxes from scratch, but they don’t offer much help in the way of messing around with already existing cards.

In Anki you only need to edit the template your deck uses like so:
Add → Make sure in Types(upper left corner) the type of the decks card is selected → Cards… → follow the tips on the net

I think you were probably irritated by the step “Add”, but you don’t need to add anything its just a way to access the template.

If I’m not mistaken, those decks are available on Kitsun.io.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.