Change the email subject

Just a request for the update email subject to be changed.

All it says is “hello”. It’s not even capitalised lol. It looks like some weird random spam haha. Cause that’s how a long of them appear XD

8 Likes

It is not the subject but their contact email. I don’t see any issues with that tbh.

7 Likes

11 Likes

i like it. feels ominous

16 Likes

The subject for the level up emails is always just “Congrats! You have leveled up to level …”. They send it from the email address hello@wanikani.com, which is probably why your email client displays “hello”, it’s trying to show you the sender. I don’t think there’s any real reason to change the subjects, they won’t change how your client displays the emails. :grin:

3 Likes

There is an argument to be made that they need to set up a display name for notification email sending account, to be fair. Would save the client showing it as the full address.

All their notification emails are without one, as far as I can tell, but I know the email supports aliasing because I got an email from a member of staff using that email address, displaying as their name.

9 Likes

The staff are probably using regular email clients. The automated sender they use would have to include sender info support.

I agree though, it should be set to something more distinctive.

2 Likes

I have a feeling this is part of the help chat service that they use to handle support requests, I think it’s Front app?

It’s been around much longer than the chat function. It could be any form mailer really or even custom coded. Pretty much every language used in the web has this in a library.

Honestly, it feels like a conscious choice rather than that their mailer lacks support.

2 Likes

There is no way of changing the subject. We’re all the subjects of the Crabigator, nothing we can do about it

9 Likes

2 Likes
1 Like

There’s a Lionel Richie joke somewhere in my tea cupboard but I can’t find it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.