Blacklisted answer needed

This is about as wrong as it gets!

5 Likes

If you email them they’ll probably add it. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks, I thought this part of the forum might have been checked for this sort of stuff. I’ll do an email :white_check_mark:

2 Likes

You’d think they would, but

2 Likes

Though it should be noted that you made a small spelling error :wink: in which case the blacklist wouldn’t pick it up anyway. Definitely email, but I wouldn’t be surprised if this one is in there already.

4 Likes

I thought this was already blacklisted. I was going through this forum, Your worst typos WaniKani has accepted, some time ago, and I came across something similar. Maybe it was about the Transitive Verb meaning accepting Intransitive Verb as answer
?

1 Like

You can also tag the @JenK. It’s like magic. :slightly_smiling_face:

Maybe the misspelling of “transitive” is bypassing the blacklist. Which is to say, “transitive verb” is blacklisted, but “transative verb” falls back into “close enough”.

3 Likes

You’re right on this one. We actually already have “transitive verb” on the blacklist but because of the misspelling here, it got accepted.

5 Likes

Should the blacklist check the same “distance” (or whatever it’s called) as the accepted answers and mark the answer wrong if it’s closer to the blacklist than an accepted answer?

But then it gets REALY tricky. What if someone submitted “ntransitive verb”? Is it an extra letter typo or an omitted letter typo? For example.

3 Likes

Right now we only have fuzzy matches (the “distance” thing) for the correct meaning only, and not the blacklist. The example @raephe gave is a good one for why we don’t have it for blacklist. If we have it on for the blacklist with a low tolerance (like one error off), ‘ntransitive verb’ would be marked incorrectly.

4 Likes

Agreed. I think common misspellings could be added to the blocklist but fuzzy matching to a blocklist would be a bad idea.

I have a personal preference for allow/block lists over white/black lists, sorry

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.