Back to WaniKani

I was a big believer in the WaniKani method a few years ago. Being in school full-time however got in the way of this - I didn’t have the time to keep the consistency of reviews to keep everything in my head.

However now (I’m in the UK), schools have closed and I don’t have anything to do until October - perfect opportunity to get back to learning Japanese! I realised how rusty I am - I used to be at level 8, but had a look through the level 1 words that I’d burned and I couldn’t recall a lot of them, at least to the fluency that I’d hope. I’ve reset everything now and I’m going back through the level 1 radicals - what a throwback!

Last year I also went to Japan on vacation, which is a big motivation boost - makes me realise what I’m doing this for. Videos like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fUifmtKjE0 are very cool to look through are great as they make me feel like I’m back in Japan.

I also think I’ll try and keep pushing with the Geni I and II textbooks - I bought the second book when I was in Japan but I’m still on chapter 8 of the first book. Looking forward to using all this social isolation time to be productive :))

19 Likes

Welcome back dude!

5 Likes

Welcome back :crazy_face:

1 Like

welcome back
All the best on this go-around!
:nerd_face::steam_locomotive:
keep on chugging along!

1 Like

Happy to have you back! Best of luck during this productivity push :100:

8 Likes

Welcome back! Hope you can make it to the cake this time around and see you at the finish line! :wink:

2 Likes

You’re back on the horse! STAY ON THE HORSE!

2 Likes

You better make sure it’s not an April Fool’s Joke! If not then, welcome back!

2 Likes

Thank you so much guys! And don’t worry - definitely not an April fools’. I’ll try and keep my progress posted on the forum :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s what an April fools would say 268801101812334592

3 Likes

Ah, a fellow returnee. Welcome back!

I was thinking this would be true for more people with all the lockdowns!
Hiii there follow returner. I once made it to level 18, went far to fast for the last 5 levels, went down to level 12… gave up… and here I am again, back to level 2.
Might take it slower this time (I’m on life anyways)
Let’s make something beautiful out of these empty days inside :), Gambatte!

3 Likes

Good Luck and determination!

I also just came back yesterday, reset my level from 42 to 1 and starting through again for real this time.
Let’s do it

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.