Aria the Masterpiece Home Thread

Aria the Masterpiece Chapter 50: 送り火

ariamasterpiece5

Start Date: August 24th
Previous Chapter: Chapter 49
Next Chapter: Chapter 51

Vocabulary List

Discussion Rules

• Please use spoiler tags for content that would be considered a spoiler.
  • When asking for help, please mention the page, panel, and speech bubble. Be sure to mention if you are reading a version other than Aria the Masterpiece.
  • Don’t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarrassing at first. All of us are here to learn.

Participants

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll.

• I’m reading along
  • I’m still reading the book but I haven’t reached this chapter yet
  • I’m no longer reading the book
  • I’m skipping this book

0 voters

3 Likes

Aaaah! The same character the slippers were made of! It’s called ムッくん! It sounds so cute! Too bad it doesn’t exists in real life.

Edit: somehow, Discourse fails to blur that picture… It does work in the preview, though :thinking:
Edit2: aaaand now that I added something below, it works for real too. Interesting
Edit3: and it’s gone again??

Editmore: How did Alice notice that Woody looks like ムッくん, but not 灯里?
Also, アリシア once again showing us how much of a problem she has with alcohol.

4 Likes

Near as I can tell, this is not a real festival in Venice. One website I found suggested that bonfires are typical in Italy on Epiphany eve (which is in January, not the middle of summer), except in Venice (where “bonfires are impossible”), and they host a regatta instead.

Also, 送り火 is an Obon tradition.

(Fun fact, “regatta” comes from the Venetian language.)

I like that comment that it’s only held once every few years, to explain why it wasn’t shown in the manga last summer. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ooo, furigana that’s also kanji. メイン会場サン・マルコ広場ひろば. Tee hee.

Google suggests that the expression Woody uses on page 351 - 天高く馬肥ゆる秋 - means something like “autumn comes with harvest time and clear weather”.

You need linebreaks within the spoiler tags, or for some reason it doesn’t take.

As in,

[spoiler]
![image|375x500](upload://f4XWbBQRgKu82BUfYpfaiLNl9pE.jpeg) 
[/spoiler]

Why should she?

Doesn’t seem to me like Alicia finds it particularly problematic. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Not the most exciting way to end the volume, but there were some funny pictures at least.

6 Likes

How many of the previous volumes have ended excitingly? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I meant that Alice fails to notice that 灯理 looks like ムッくん even though she has the same square mouth as Woody. That being said, the eyes and hair are different I guess.

I personally liked the final chapters of the volumes that ended with supernatural-ish chapters more(I think one or two of them did), but that’s probably because those are my favourite chapters in general. Anyway, one more volume read, two left to go :slightly_smiling_face: (at least for the masterpiece edition)

It seems kind of wasteful to just burn all that though, but I guess it could have been hard to find a good use for it :thinking:

5 Likes

Maybe that’s why they only do it every several years?

2 Likes

Oh, I thought the same - especially so soon after we just spent a whole chapter on Akari saying farewell to her old gondola.

5 Likes

Me too. I always felt like having those chapters at the end increased my anticipation for the next volume. Although it was fun to see everybody all done up in yukata in this chapter (including アリア社長, sort of xD)

I love that ムッくん has an official name now. That Woody comparison cracked me up xD

I feel like this volume went by really fast for some reason :thinking: Especially compared to the 4th volume (although…maybe that’s just because I actually kept up with this volume :sweat_smile:)

5 Likes

Hah, I didn’t even notice Aria. Is that really a spoiler, though? :stuck_out_tongue:

Though, if you want supernatural, how about the fact that someone somehow did up Akari’s hair between pages 329 and 330…

3 Likes

Aria社長 in an 帯 cracked me up!

3 Likes