Aria the Masterpiece Home Thread

Aria the Masterpiece Chapter 47.5: 女心

ariamasterpiece5

Start Date: August 10th
Previous Chapter: Chapter 47
Next Chapter: Chapter 48

Vocabulary List

Discussion Rules

• Please use spoiler tags for content that would be considered a spoiler.
  • When asking for help, please mention the page, panel, and speech bubble. Be sure to mention if you are reading a version other than Aria the Masterpiece.
  • Don’t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarrassing at first. All of us are here to learn.

Participants

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll.

• I’m reading along
  • I’m still reading the book but I haven’t reached this chapter yet
  • I’m no longer reading the book
  • I’m skipping this book

0 voters

1 Like

Aaaaand the reveal will have zero impact on the story.

Fav sentence though:

それに比べてまぁくんのこの堂々たる姿!

:star_struck:

1 Like

What’s with the Stars of David on page 250?

I picture page 256 is some kind of roar from the depths of Hell. :slightly_smiling_face:

Last page, does カミングアウト having some meaning aside from “coming out of the closet”? Because surely the opposit is applying here. :stuck_out_tongue:

What? No, this changes everything.

3 Likes

It doesn’t have a different meaning, as far as I know.
I don’t see it has the opposite by the way (like, going in the closet? I don’t even know how you’d manage that.) But anyway, it’s not like まぁクン was hiding anything.

I thought the reveal had no impact since they chose to maintain the status quo and keep using 君

4 Likes

Well, it’s the reverse in that Akari’s realisation that Maa-kun’s interest in Aria was actually love would be coming out of the closet if Maa-kun were male, but she’s not, so there’s no closet to come out of, and Akari only had the realisation after learning Maa-kun’s gender… so… uh… I have no idea.

That was a joke. Pretty sure it never gets mentioned again. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I really enjoyed this chapter, even laughing out loud in several places, like when Hime-sama took off.

How can you go past もちもちぽんぽん?I just need some way to use that in real life. :joy:

5 Likes

Right? That top panel on pg 252 was so majestic, and then that middle panel :joy:

I feel bad for アリア社長 though, I think Maa-kun traumatized him way more than the shot did xD I love how the doctor’s like “just hold that, right there, I’mma give this tiny cat a shot real quick while it’s sinking its teeth into your flesh

5 Likes

Or, its weird muppet mouth.

3 Likes

This chapter made me very uncomfortable. I really hate needles! :fearful:

4 Likes

That was short and pretty funny. I also have no idea why everyone is striking a cool pose in the thing at the start of the chapter, but I like it.

The effect used for Maa’s “maaaaa” kind of reminded me of seeing the same effect used fo earthquakes and stuff in some other manga - that must be one loud “Maaaaaaa” :sweat_smile: .

Also, でっかい randomly popped up in another book I was reading, so that made me think of Aria.

4 Likes

In… in the title page? What are title pages for, if not cool poses?

3 Likes

Well, this was the only one so far I found worth mentioning because of cool poses :stuck_out_tongue: (It’s also the only one that actually has poses that look like “cool” is what they’re going for so far in this volume, but to be honest, I don’t actually remember what the ones from previous volumes looked like so there may have been more there)

Not that I would mind if there were more though

1 Like

Funny cat stuff is always good.
Poor アリア社長 though. Always being traumatised by Maa.
I thought there would be more to their medical examination than just getting a jab but I guess that’s where the comedy was to be found.

4 Likes

Annual vaccination I guess?

2 Likes

定期健診日 was how it was decribed.

3 Likes

In the future a single shot fixes all your problems (except for getting a cold in the next chapter).

5 Likes

And also a diet.

5 Likes