Join the Beginner Book Club here!

Aria the Masterpiece Home Thread

Aria the Masterpiece Chapter 38: スノーホワイト

Start Date: April 27th
Previous Chapter: Chapter 37.5
Next Chapter: Chapter 39

Vocabulary List

Discussion Rules

• Please use spoiler tags for content that would be considered a spoiler.
  • When asking for help, please mention the page, panel, and speech bubble. Be sure to mention if you are reading a version other than Aria the Masterpiece.
  • Don’t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarrassing at first. All of us are here to learn.

Participants

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll.

• I’m reading along
  • I’m still reading the book but I haven’t reached this chapter yet
  • I’m no longer reading the book
  • I’m skipping this book

0 voters

Oh, Akari. What on earth kind of question is “What kind of adult did you want to be when you grew up?” to hit people with out of the blue? “What did you want to do”, sure but “what kind of personality did you want”?

Why’s Akari waving with her thumb folded across her palm? Is this a Japanese thing? Just feels weird to me.

Pretty short chapter.

2 Likes

Aaaaand I caught up! Weee!

4 Likes

Me too! Better late than never right?

Random thoughts…

• That exchange on p270 :joy:
  • Not a fan of ARIA社長’s wardrobe selection this chapter, but love his pose on p281.
  • Alicia wanted to become the sort of adult who popped up out of nowhere and enjoyed helping roll snowballs? I feel like I am missing something…
4 Likes

She wants to be the sort of adult that coerces people into helping her out by making them think it was their idea. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Posing with the fury of a thousand dabs.

2 Likes

Yes, surprisingly short. On to the next chapter now.

me too! well, this far anyway.

So after all that, did they complete their “snow daruma”? do you make one from a sphere, or did they just leave the ball of snow there (for Aika’s unintended benefit on the omake panel :slight_smile: )

3 Likes

Not sure that Aika was particularly benefiting from a giant snowball filling the fondamenta. They do actually make a snowman in the anime version, incidentally.

2 Likes