Anyone else constantly being logged out?

Hi everyone,

This has been driving me bananas over the last week or so, but I don’t know whether it’s a WaniKani issue or some cookie setting on my end or what.

I’ve been getting logged out of the forums constantly - pretty much every time I navigate away and come back, and sometimes even mid-session. I dutifully click the ‘remember me’ option every time I log back in, and I’ve tried logging back in via WaniKani and via the forums when it happens. Neither works.

I used to remain logged in perpetually unless I did some broad cache purge, and I can’t think of anything I’ve done recently that would have triggered this. The forums will load normally and display the correct number of notifications - it’s only when I try to click through to a topic that it ‘realises’ and kicks me out, saying “you were logged out”.

Is this happening to anyone else, or is it just me? :cry:

2 Likes

Try opening an “incognito” or “private” window and try again. This is to see whether it’s the website’s fault or not.

But surely an incognito window will by definition not remember my login?

Once closed, yes. The purpose of using that window (in this case at least) is to make sure that any precious previous cookies, cache, etc, are not used.

My prrrecious cookies :cookie:

2 Likes

:woman_facepalming:

also lol :wink:

No problem for me if you want to know. Unless someone else reports the same problem I would say it is just you.

That’s the main thing I wanted to know, thanks :+1:

2 Likes

No problems here either

異常無し over here as well.

1 Like

Would doing that again fix your problem? Maybe it wouldn’t hurt… :wink:

Yeah, that’s what I’m going to do having found out the problem is me. Just have to mentally prepare myself for the annoyance that follows :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.