Answer Pass?

Is there a script that allows you to pass on answers during reviews? As in not mark it wrong, but send it away because I sort of know the answer, but would like more time to think it over without wasting time. Sometimes what I’ll do is refresh the page, but that takes a little too long. 

I searched but could not find a script like this. Is there one, or would someone like to made one?

I’ve heard of it before… Let me go find the link.
edit: found it. /t/WK-Override-fixed-for-Greasemonkey/7428/1

dckake said... I've heard of it before... Let me go find the link.
 Read the post again. He thankfully, doesn't want this. He wants a "pass and come back to" button. 

@dckake

Ah sorry, but that’s not what I meant. ^^’ Thank you for your effort though. 

I see why you thought that, it’s badly worded on my part.

I’m not looking for a script that ignores/excuses wrong answers,  I’m looking for one that does this—> Sees question-> Can’t quite remember answer, would like more time to think on it–>Chooses not to answer, instead sends question away or to the back to answer it later.

Syphus said...
 Read the post again. He thankfully, doesn't want this. He wants a "pass and come back to" button. 
 She, and yes that's what I meant. :3
AngelTenshi said...
Syphus said...
 Did someone just assume gender? 

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Syphus said...
Oh... Sorry about that! ^^' 

You could just refresh the page, it’ll give you a new random item. But if you don’t know the answer, you don’t know the answer. Extra review won’t hurt :smiley: The goal here is learning not winning a leveling race remember.

Also sometimes I’ll just look at something else for a moment then come back. Sometimes I overthink what I’m looking at too much and it starts looking too abstract. But most of the time I just answer it, get it wrong, and move on.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone post a script like that. Maybe rfindley–resident WK scripting guru–would be up for it? That said, how slow is refreshing the page for you? I feel like even public WiFi these days is fast enough that reloading shouldn’t take that much time.

Mnemosyne said... You could just refresh the page, it'll give you a new random item. But if you don't know the answer, you don't know the answer. Extra review won't hurt :D The goal here is learning not winning a leveling race remember.

Also sometimes I'll just look at something else for a moment then come back. Sometimes I overthink what I'm looking at too much and it starts looking too abstract. But most of the time I just answer it, get it wrong, and move on.
 You are totally right, and I've been using the same solution. But there are answers that I just don't know, and answers that I know if I keep thinking  about it, I'll eventually recall it. I've been in both situations, and I know this is not a race.  The problem with this solution, however, is that it's taking up to much time, and I really need to get these reviews done so that I can move on to grammar.  It would just be a lot easier if such a script existed.  
tvtran said... I don't think I've ever seen anyone post a script like that. Maybe rfindley--resident WK scripting guru--would be up for it? That said, how slow is refreshing the page for you? I feel like even public WiFi these days is fast enough that reloading shouldn't take that much time.
 It adds enough time to be annoying. Also, I think the program keeps track of about 10 items at a time, as in you work on answer the same 10 items, until both the reading and meaning are gone for 1, and the next comes it. I think this is so, because of the wrap up feature. So, I'd rather not see the item again until closer to the end of the review session, but it will keep coming back in my face every few seconds until I answer it. I'll normally just answer it wrong because I can't keep refreshing the page every time I see it. I could think about it for 3 minutes, but if I want to get this done in a timely manner then I can't spend 3 minutes thinking on one item every so often. 
AngelTenshi said... Is there a script that allows you to pass on answers during reviews? As in not mark it wrong, but send it away because I sort of know the answer, but would like more time to think it over without wasting time. Sometimes what I'll do is refresh the page, but that takes a little too long. 

I searched but could not find a script like this. Is there one, or would someone like to made one?

I hate it when I know that I know an answer but it won't come to mind.  But the attitude I've generally chosen to take with it is:  if I can't remember it within a few seconds, then I don't know it that well and it should appear in my reviews more often.  I almost always take this approach with vocabulary, since missing those doesn't slow down level advancement. [Note that since I'm still at a lower level than my current kanji knowledge, I will give myself more time to remember a kanji (or radical) since missing more than one or two of those can delay leveling up, which I want to do quickly for now.]

There are a couple of words in my review list that I'm really sick of missing that keep getting pushed back down to apprentice level because of this approach, but that's ok because it's forcing me to go over them again.  And as I scream in agony, I just tell myself that that's the whole point of an SRS system.

AngelTenshi said…
Is there a script that allows you to pass on answers during reviews? As in not mark it wrong, but send it away because I sort of know the answer, but would like more time to think it over without wasting time. Sometimes what I’ll do is refresh the page, but that takes a little too long. 

I have been looking for a script that does the same thing. If anyone writes one I’d love to use it. Though of course, I wouldn’t abuse it just like I don’t abuse the ‘ignore answer’ button. ~frankiebluej

OccultSensei said...
AngelTenshi said...
Syphus said...
 Did someone just assume gender? 

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
 What? There are no such things as 'females' on the internet. Blasphemy!

The ignore answer button can work like that. You can just purposely get it wrong, ignore answer, and it’ll show up again later as if it hadn’t shown up before.

That being said, idk if it’ll show up within the next 10 reviews or not. I can’t remember. Maybe a simple fix since an exact script doesn’t exist yet. I guess you can just keep ignoring it until it’s later in your review. I’ve done that, and if it never comes back to my memory after showing up multiple times, I just assume I don’t know it and get it wrong. Lol.

kemperb said...
AngelTenshi said... Is there a script that allows you to pass on answers during reviews? As in not mark it wrong, but send it away because I sort of know the answer, but would like more time to think it over without wasting time. Sometimes what I'll do is refresh the page, but that takes a little too long. 

I hate it when I know that I know an answer but it won't come to mind.  But the attitude I've generally chosen to take with it is:  if I can't remember it within a few seconds, then I don't know it that well and it should appear in my reviews more often.  I almost always take this approach with vocabulary, since missing those doesn't slow down level advancement. [Note that since I'm still at a lower level than my current kanji knowledge, I will give myself more time to remember a kanji (or radical) since missing more than one or two of those can delay leveling up, which I want to do quickly for now.] There are a couple of words in my review list that I'm really sick of missing that keep getting pushed back down to apprentice level because of this approach, but that's ok because it's forcing me to go over them again.  And as I scream in agony, I just tell myself that that's the whole point of an SRS system.
 Alright I understand that, but at some point it just gets ridiculous to answer many questions like that. I guess everyone has their own way of learning, but for me when I struggle to remember a question, and end up remembering it, I remember it better and struggle less each time. There are already a number that I don't know clogging up my review queue, I don't need items I can answer correctly there too.  It's not like I just don't know it, I just need some time to think about it, and I don't think that means I deserve to get it wrong.  You know, just like when you were at school you quickly answer what you know by heart, and think more about the hard one's last, rather than carelessly guess?
kurseddragon said... The ignore answer button can work like that. You can just purposely get it wrong, ignore answer, and it'll show up again later as if it hadn't shown up before.

That being said, idk if it’ll show up within the next 10 reviews or not. I can’t remember. Maybe a simple fix since an exact script doesn’t exist yet. I guess you can just keep ignoring it until it’s later in your review. I’ve done that, and if it never comes back to my memory after showing up multiple times, I just assume I don’t know it and get it wrong. Lol.

That is a solution, but I’d rather not use the ignore answer script. It’s just too tempting to abuse, and would take more time to do, than just pressing a bottom or something.  It would just help, and I don’t think It would be such a bad thing to have. 

And yeah that’s how I’d use it too. 

Have you tried it yet?
At first it’s easy to hold back on abusing it. When I caught myself abusing it, I removed it. Then just realized it’s convenience when my answers are so close, yet counted wrong. Haven’t really Re abused it since reinstalling.
So maybe you can just try it for a bit until you know how to use it safely. Including a moment if you need to reinstall. Lol.

Or simply have it just for your intended use in this thread.

Idk. Just ideas. :smiley:

kurseddragon said... Have you tried it yet? At first it's easy to hold back on abusing it. When I caught myself abusing it, I removed it. Then just realized it's convenience when my answers are so close, yet counted wrong. Haven't really Re abused it since reinstalling. So maybe you can just try it for a bit until you know how to use it safely. Including a moment if you need to reinstall. Lol.

Or simply have it just for your intended use in this thread.

Idk. Just ideas. :smiley:

…Yes…it’s gone now.