WK Override - fixed for Greasemonkey

I just switched from Chrome to Firefox and noticed that WaniKani Override (the userscript that allows you to ignore incorrect answers in reviews) wasn’t working with Greasemonkey.

So I fixed it: download here

If you’re curious, Greasemonkey seems more strict about security than Chrome. It was missing a @grant for unsafeWindow, and you can’t add handlers to elements using unsafeWindow’s jQuery, and the key code it was listening for is wrong (192, not 191, both Chrome and Firefox are 192, so both of the cases were incorrect).

Here’s a diff.

I didn’t really bother to change any of the comments beyond incrementing the version number. I didn’t do any refactoring either, if it breaks again I might spend a bit more time on it, but I just wanted to get it working.

Edit: 6/6/15 - fixed download link.

1 Like

I can’t seem to get this to work. The button doesn’t show up.

working again for me - many thanks - had to click the greasemonkey button at the top right of the screen and tick the override line - now working

it is working in chrome / tampermonkey, thanks a lot.

the “download here” link doesnt seem to exist anymore… does anyone have an alternate link?

@flojomcfly
https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/9867-wanikani-override

i hope this works. i just copied if from the diff and uploaded it onto greasyfork, so it should.

@ShotgunLagoon

Thank you! 

does this also work on vocab?

corola10 said... does this also work on vocab?
 I'm using the original, so yes.

The keybinding is broken in Chrome for me. 191 works. 

protake said... The keybinding is broken in Chrome for me. 191 works. 
What does this mean? My Override (Chrome) has stopped working since it was updated 24h ago. :-(

No more reckless typing for me!
EskimoJo said...
What does this mean? My Override (Chrome) has stopped working since it was updated 24h ago. :-(

He's referring to the number that should be located on line 251 in the script's code. If you edit it manually and change the number from 192 to 191, perhaps it'll work for you as well.
Inserio said...
EskimoJo said...

He's referring to the number that should be located on line 251 in the script's code. If you edit it manually and change the number from 192 to 191, perhaps it'll work for you as well.
I went to look at it and... 'This script was deleted from Greasy Fork, and due to its negative effects, it has been automatically removed from your browser.'

Oh...

Re-added it from the Greasyfork link in this thread. Sorted now!

Apologies for the bump – anyone here suddenly find this script stopped working? I can’t figure out what could have changed.

Using Safari with greasemonkey. Tried turning off all other scripts and also reinstalling, no dice.

Hey again – found the other thread, which advised to install the latest version of Tampermonkey. That fixed it!

OMG thank you  助かった