[Request] Hover for the last item, and Auto next item

EDITED:

Request for a script/chrome thingy that:

Automatically moves to next item after a correct answer response has been received.

- If the answer is Incorrect, it simply waits for the user to press ‘enter’ themselves.

- This would save the little finger. 

Majority of times when you get the answer right you want to move to the next item.  In the minority of cases where you DO want to review something that you did get correct anyways, you now have the back-button functionality to the previous item (Thanks Thenn42!)

Would love for someone to do this for me.  I tried making an auto-it script but I suck at coding haha.
Happy to donate if someone incorporates it!

No problems with this idea. I approve.

I like the idea too, and it’s pretty simple to implement that IMO. I can take a look on it tomorrow (after work) if you guys are not in the rush. :slight_smile:

Cheers

mozartpetter said... I like the idea too, and it's pretty simple to implement that IMO. I can take a look on it tomorrow (after work) if you guys are not in the rush. :)

Cheers
 Yummeh!

Project is still open to attempts.  I’ve had a look at macros with a chrome extention but i have no idea how to implement an ‘if’ statement.

Please help me,  I have a very bad little finger and these redundant presses are torture after a while.

Like I said, I’m happy to donate.  I don’t think i need to outsource to elance just yet.

This will be coming as an option to WK Customizer as well. It’s been partially coded for a while, but I wanted to make it so you don’t lose access to the last item after it auto-advances. I’ll be home at the end of the week so I may be able to get to it over the weekend; I’m sure someone else could put something together sooner than that though.

I took a look into this, but since kiko is working on something already, I’ll pass. :slight_smile: If you need any help let me know.

Just a suggestion–make it easy to turn on and off :).  When I have extra time I like to listen to the audio after getting words right or wrong.

kiko said... This will be coming as an option to WK Customizer as well. It's been partially coded for a while, but I wanted to make it so you don't lose access to the last item after it auto-advances. I'll be home at the end of the week so I may be able to get to it over the weekend; I'm sure someone else could put something together sooner than that though.
 The genius strikes again!

Must stop…the urge…to go…off-topic.

Syprus said... Must stop.....the urge......to go....off-topic.
 Very good job.

良く出来ました: よくできました good job
zacharywalz said... Just a suggestion--make it easy to turn on and off :).  When I have extra time I like to listen to the audio after getting words right or wrong.
As with all functionality-altering features in WK Customizer, it will be optional ^^.  However I'm going to make it as easy as possible to see the previous item even after auto-advancing (though probably not inline sound).

I support the first idea about having the back button. <3

I do not support the second idea about automatically skipping to the next item… because you need to see the “your answer was a little off”, etc messages… especially since it can mark wrong answers correct. >_<;

Faeriedust said... I support the first idea about having the back button. <3

I do not support the second idea about automatically skipping to the next item.. because you need to see the "your answer was a little off", etc messages... especially since it can mark wrong answers correct. >_<;
 I'd personally desire the opposite way around haha.
The % of the time where you actually want to look is far far less than the % of time where you'd want to advance to the next item.

Also, the 'auto advance' would only occur after you've seen it go green and show the message anyways.  Thus, combined with the hover back button which will give you previous item info - you'll be able to review it anyways.

Jatacid said...
Faeriedust said... I support the first idea about having the back button. <3

I do not support the second idea about automatically skipping to the next item.. because you need to see the "your answer was a little off", etc messages... especially since it can mark wrong answers correct. >_<;
 I'd personally desire the opposite way around haha.
The % of the time where you actually want to look is far far less than the % of time where you'd want to advance to the next item.

Also, the 'auto advance' would only occur after you've seen it go green and show the message anyways.  Thus, combined with the hover back button which will give you previous item info - you'll be able to review it anyways.

Yes it is far more often that I want to advance, but my desire to see when I DO make that mistake outweighs the benefit of an auto-skip to me.  I guess with the back button, it might be okay. :3

I'd still like if the auto-advance feature was optional. c:

Bumpity :smiley:

Would still like a ‘auto-next-item’ functionality, now that we have the back-button functionality the two would work seamlessly for a much faster WK experience haha

Jatacid said... Bumpity :D

Would still like a 'auto-next-item' functionality, now that we have the back-button functionality the two would work seamlessly for a much faster WK experience haha

I gave it a shot, however I am unhappy with the current implementation: it works on a 500ms timer so it's a bit ressource intensive(seems fine though) and not instantaneous.
You can try it here: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/171949 (you can change the timer (in ms) inside the script with tampermonkey to find what's working best for you)

Maybe it can serve as a substitute until the next version of Kiko's extension.
thenn42 said...
Jatacid said... Bumpity :D

Would still like a 'auto-next-item' functionality, now that we have the back-button functionality the two would work seamlessly for a much faster WK experience haha

I gave it a shot, however I am unhappy with the current implementation: it works on a 500ms timer so it's a bit ressource intensive(seems fine though) and not instantaneous.
You can try it here: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/171949 (you can change the timer (in ms) inside the script with tampermonkey to find what's working best for you)

Maybe it can serve as a substitute until the next version of Kiko's extension.
 You are officially my new favourite internet guru! WOW!