Annoying bold text

I recently installed the Japanese keyboard on my Windows computer and all of a sudden all the Japanese text (both kanji and hiragana) in Wanikani became bold. I can’t seem to find a way to fix it. It’s getting kind of annoying. I’ve tried everything. Is there any way to change it back to normal?

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

I hate to break it to you, but that is exactly how Wanikani is supposed to look like. While you didn’t have the Japanese language pack installed, you were seeing a wrong font because your OS didn’t have the proper Japanese ones installed so it displayed everything with a Chinese font. I’ve seen it happen a lot whenever I change PC’s to one that doesn’t have Japanese installed.

Not sure why you think it’s annoying, I think this is the most readable font you can use for Wanikani.

15 Likes

What does it look like otherwise? I genuinely have no idea

3 Likes

Completely unrelated, but is your username a JoJo/GioGio reference? :eyes:

2 Likes
Chinese font

Japanese font

5 Likes

Ohhhhhh like that! I don’t think I’ve ever seen that on WK since I already had a Japanese keyboard installed before I started.

2 Likes

I had the same issue. In short, you need to delete the fonts.

More info here
https://community.wanikani.com/t/the-fonts-became-too-bold-and-illegible/34463/17

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.