Adding Kanji Synonyms for Kaniwani

Hello all,
I know how to add English synonyms but is there a way to add Kanji synonyms? Kaniwani is literally destroying me with 少女、女の子、女子, 女のひと、女…etc. There’s only so many combinations of girl, young lady, etc. that I can remember. Also, vocabulary-wise, are they all pretty much interchangeable?

Just click “add synonym” when you get something wrong…?

As for the ones you listed… no they’re not all interchangeable.

Thanks realized that as I did more of them, d’oh.

I actually asked my Japanese coworker about 少女、女の子、女子 so I got the lowdown about that. As for 女、女の人 is their a small difference, like category versus the specific noun? I know josei though I haven’t seen the kanji for it yet.

There are a few that are somewhat interchangeable, but, a big difference between say: 女の人 and 女の子

女性 comes at lvl 14 I think, but that’s different again. More refers to gender I believe.

I’d be careful with synonyms, as you could add something that is technically incorrect, which is the main reason I avoid it. If I get something where it’s close enough and right, for instance, 少女 女の子 女子 I will just use “I” to ignore and come to it again in my review.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.