A thread for people who've reset their level to 1

Yeeeeeeee. Oldboies!

(Yes, I reset two times.)

2 Likes

I got to 18 before my son was born, struggled to keep up for about two weeks before realising it was going to be too hard. Reset about 3 or 4 months later when things settled down.

Going through the first 10 levels or so was awesome with pretty much 95% correct at least each session. These days lucky to hit 70%!

2 Likes

I’ve been thinking about resetting for a awhile. I originally started back in early 2016. Got to level 3 pretty quick but couldn’t take the extra step to put money into a subscription. So I kept repeating level 1-3 reviews over and over until I enlightened/burned everything and then quit.

I recently came back a few months ago and finally got the subscription. I’ve been progressing pretty steadily ever since, but I still frequently fumble up some essential level 1-3 kanji/vocab since I haven’t looked at them in over a year and forgot many of them.

My case isn’t as bad as some people posting here though. I can probably get away with just finding all the level 1-3 kanji/vocab causing me trouble and throwing them in Anki or something

Resetting and going super slow has been much less stressful and I remember more things. Reason for reset? Burn-out and still having too much work.

3 Likes

yes i get what you mean! feels great to remember the readings again! Also will start with a japanese course next week, hope that will help even more :smiley: Really want to nail this this time haha and thanks to whoever corrected the thread title!!

resetting is the best thing that ever happened to me :relaxed:

3 Likes

I’ve joined the reset party :confetti_ball:

6 Likes

Reset to level infinity, I see.

1 Like

I had to…

5 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: THIS

This is my third time… And I saw there is a button so you don’t have to bother the WK staff with it now, that was kind of cool and sad at the same time, lol.

3 Likes

Working well for me, as I am now higher level than before and still going.

I am consolidating for a while before I move to the next level.

Leveled up to 5 this morning. So far, still feeling pretty good about resetting. I’ve made a lot of progress in other areas of study while getting a really good kanji refresher.

3 Likes

I was at lvl 12 and then went on a around 3-4 month long hiatus and thought it would be easiest to just restart the whole thing. At that time the reset button didn’t exist, so I had to mail WK to get them to reset it for me.

1 Like

Same ( ゚ー゚)

I was also level 6 when I reset last week. I actually retained a good bit of it despite th efact that the last time I did anything on wanikani was… 2014? Back up to level 2 and hopefully sticking it out to 60. :smiley:

I started to slack off after getting to lvl 7, lessons and reviews piled up, but I couldn’t manage it. Suddenly I was lvl 8 unexpectedly and even more lessons were added, the reviews were at 900… I just quit.
This summer I wanted to start again so I pushed the red button. I had too many burned items I could not remember anymore. Now, I’m already back at 5, soon lvl 6 and managing the reviews better than last time. The fact that the site works perfectly on mobile helps, It works pretty much as an app, when added as a bookmark to the home screen. I try to take a look as often as possible, in every break at work, on the way to work, on the way home, at home pretty much every two hours. Also, obviously the phone comes with me to the bathroom…

I got up to level 33 while taking a Japanese class via my old job. Then I quit that job and moved semi-permanently to South-East Asia, where I’ve mostly been for the last couple of years. I lost the will to keep learning Japanese for a little while. Now, my life has changed yet again and I seem to have rediscovered the reason why I wanted to learn Japanese in the first place, so I’ve rebooted wanikani and I’m working slowly through Textfugu too. If anyone has any other good online grammar resources (free or paid, I’m not too fussy) I’d be interested to hear them.

Welcome back! :slight_smile:

Check this out:

1 Like

@abertssquirrel You belong to this thread now.

1 Like