魔女の宅急便・Kiki's Delivery Service 🧧 Repeat Club

Anyone able to help with where a UK based person can get a copy in Japanese? Ideally physical though will resort to e-book if necessary

Looks like CDJapan have it in stock, and I believe they’re shipping - you might have to select a slightly more expensive shipping option than usual because they’re not doing economy shipping to the UK.

Out of stock at Verasia, and I don’t know what the Amazon shipping situation is.

Bought mine from Amazon.co.jp and they delivered it to me in the UK in less than a week.

1 Like

I got mine from amazon.jp, expensive shipping but very fast, I picked up some CDs last month and they took less than a week to arrive. If you are a bit unsure about making an account try their otaku store as it has a largely English interface.

White rabbit and zen market do proxy buying and are still shipping to the UK (as of last month) but they are slower.

Good luck getting it.

I found it on amazon.jp but the shipping costs are steep! Probably worth taking the plunge though, really like having a physical book!

I said shipping was expensive! You pay a lot for the box then other items are cheaper. So if you see a few things you like get them all in one hit and you’ll save on the shipping.

3 Likes

:slight_smile: Hello All,

I’ve been wanting to join one of these clubs for the longest time, but timing never seemed to line up. Very excited to join, if you have any tips pleae share. I mostly read news articles, but I want to start reading for fun… news is depressing these days >_<.

-Nate

17 Likes

Bookwalker seems to have a sale going on for Kiki! I may end up joining now, even though I’m reading too many books already :joy:

10 Likes

Nice! I wanted to buy the six book bundle for 3.300 Yen on Booklive tomorrow but it seems buying all six books seperately is currently a bit cheaper than buying the bundle!

3 Likes

Gonna ask a pretty dumb question I can’t seem to find an answer to. I haven’t done the books clubs in a while, is the date listed for each week the start date, or the finish date for reading that weeks portion?

3 Likes

Start date.

6 Likes

Waiting for tomorrow like…ジジ

21 Likes

Insider tip - it’ll actually be about 2020-06-26T19:00:00Z :wink:

14 Likes

Apologies that I didn’t actually progress with my reworking of the old thread - life got in the way a bit!

2 Likes

No need to apologise! It’s an entirely voluntary and quite involved task. Hope life is okay :purple_heart:

2 Likes

Um, about that clock…

All good…just night shifts! I overestimated what I could do before they started.

3 Likes

Gahhh my book hasn’t been delivered yet! Worried it’s going to take forever due to the coronavirus :grimacing:

3 Likes

It´s been 84 years…

Finally! In the meantime i have finished some random children´s (一年生) book but it had almost no kanji, so it was torture to say the least and i´m glad i can read Kiki now.

4 Likes

We are go! Finally :grin:

Week 1

As we’ve already discussed here, please don’t hesitate to ask new questions. If you can easily find the answer you’re looking for in the old discussion, great, but there’s no need to go through it with a fine-toothed comb.

16 Likes