獣の奏者 chapter 7, part 6 discussion

Join the Intermediate Book Club here!

獣の奏者 Home Thread

Chapter 7, Part 6: 襲撃、 決意

Start Date: September 26th
Previous Week: Chapter 7, part 5
Next Week: Chapter 8, part 1

Discussion Rules

• Please use spoiler tags for major events in the current chapter and any content in future chapters.
  • When asking for help, please mention the page number. If you are reading the ebook version mention the percentage.
  • Don’t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarrassing at first. All of us are here to learn.
  • To you lurkers out there: Join the conversation, it’s fun! :durtle:

Read Aloud

We will be reading on Sundays at 10:00PM Japan time (reading the previous week’s content). Here is the time in your local time zone:

2020-10-04T13:00:00Z

Participants

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll.

• I’m reading along
  • I’m still reading the book but I haven’t reached this part yet
  • I’m no longer reading the book

0 voters

If you’ve read ahead (or read the book before) but plan to participate, please vote for “I’m reading along”.

1 Like

This chapter sure does end in a crazy way!

5 Likes

This was a really good chapter! And that ending!

4 Likes

I’m not the first to comment anymore :sob: My winning streak :sob:

This week spoiler

How can it end like this noooooooooooo she was so nice. I mean there were a lot of death flags but still, I had hoped I was wrong.
I just liked the:
“What the person who isn’t a fighter does not want to defend her majesty? I know you just saved her life and that we have trouble with the population’s appreciation but you will get killed anyway? What could be wrong to execute someone that saves the Queen when some we already have low support.”
Good idea just kill everyone that helps you. ダミヤ is such a genius.189 IQ there.

On another subject, I just have one question.
「池の水が木の葉や泥で濁っていても、その中に泳ぐ魚だけを、過たずに捕らえる…」
I get everything except for the last part.
過たずに捕らえる
過つ = to err
捕らえる = to catch/to grasp
" even the water is stain/dirtied by a leaf of a branch, only the fish that swim in the middle without erring catch? "
Wouldn’t it be err without being catch err?
Maybe she is saying that イアル without doing anything is catch in a lot of things.
Anyone can help me?

3 Likes

Even if the water of the lake is dirtied/polluted/made unclear by leaves or mud, you can grasp the fish swimming in it without erring/fail’ is how I read it.

What a chapter. Oo

6 Likes

Woah. This chapter was intense. It escalated quickly with エリン refusing to do what was asked of her, and when it seemed to be getting to a more reasonable outcome…THAT happened! And ダミヤ doing his best to make sure I dislike him more each time.

In other news, I can’t believe they are once again not telling us what happened in that very long story. Setting up some high expectations there.
Btw understanding the very polite イアル was hard at times. All the polite stuff in general I guess.

3 Likes

Yeeeeessss… I had such high hopes this time :-/

By now I believe we will never find out what happened back then.

3 Likes

I don’t think we need to find out. The details aren’t really important in my opinion.

3 Likes

Agreed. That’s why I think we will probably never be told what it was.
It’s just that I‘m curious :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes