獣の奏者 chapter 8, part 5 discussion

Join the Intermediate Book Club here!

獣の奏者 Home Thread

Chapter 8, Part 5: 風雲、 露見

Start Date: October 31st
Previous Week: Chapter 8, part 4
Next Week: Chapter 8, part 6

Discussion Rules

• Please use spoiler tags for major events in the current chapter and any content in future chapters.
  • When asking for help, please mention the page number. If you are reading the ebook version mention the percentage.
  • Don’t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarrassing at first. All of us are here to learn.
  • To you lurkers out there: Join the conversation, it’s fun! :durtle:

Read Aloud

We will be reading on Sundays at 10:30PM Japan time (reading the previous week’s content). Here is the time in your local time zone:

2020-11-08T13:30:00Z

Participants

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll.

• I’m reading along
  • I’m still reading the book but I haven’t reached this part yet
  • I’m no longer reading the book

0 voters

If you’ve read ahead (or read the book before) but plan to participate, please vote for “I’m reading along”.

2 Likes

I don’t know if it’s because I read it late in the evening but this chapter was hard to read. Only 10 pages but I had to reread a lot. I was like only 10 pages? good, it’s late so it’s good.

Spoiler for this week

It’s decided! ダミヤ must die. He tried to kill the best bodyguard. Does he only wanted to kill him because he did not tell him what the Queen and エリン were talking about? Because he poisoned him before asking. Rude !!! Well at least he survived. That fight scene was hard to understand.

1 Like

I still haven’t read this week’s reading…

I’m not sure if he was poisoned or just given strong alcohol so that he was not able to focus well?
But yes the evil Damiya reveals more of his true colours. I will not miss him when he’s gone!

One question from me: who is the 部下? Is he someone who was loyal to ハルミヤ?

1 Like
Answer to kyasurin

Seem like it.

I mean it seems pretty poisonous. Didn’t he felt something on his tongue when he drank it? I don’t believe alcohol is that fast reacting.

2 Likes