獣の奏者 chapter 6, part 5 discussion

Join the Intermediate Book Club here!

獣の奏者 Home Thread

Chapter 6, Part 5: 飛翔、二頭の飛翔

Start Date: August 15th
Previous Week: Chapter 6, part 4
Next Week: Chapter 7, part 1

Discussion Rules

• Please use spoiler tags for major events in the current chapter and any content in future chapters.
  • When asking for help, please mention the page number. If you are reading the ebook version mention the percentage.
  • Don’t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarrassing at first. All of us are here to learn.
  • To you lurkers out there: Join the conversation, it’s fun! :durtle:

Read Aloud

We will be reading on Sundays at 10:00PM Japan time (reading the previous week’s content). Here is the time in your local time zone:

2020-08-23T13:00:00Z

Participants

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll.

• I’m reading along
  • I’m still reading the book but I haven’t reached this part yet
  • I’m no longer reading the book

0 voters

If you’ve read ahead (or read the book before) but plan to participate, please vote for “I’m reading along”.

1 Like

This was a pretty easy and enjoyable section. The 二頭の飛翔 scene was one of the few remaining sequences that I remembered from the anime that hadn’t come up yet, but since I remembered I knew what was going to happen just from the chapter title. The story really sped up again towards the end, so I’m looking forward to seeing what happens next.

6 Likes

I enjoyed this section as well! It was fun to see エリン as a teacher. <3

5 Likes

Indeed! As someone working in academia, I could really relate to how she feels.

Other than that, I’m still amazed at how long her secret has been holding on. It’s It’s indeed about time for it to spread. I’m also surprised that no one from the capital came to check on the pregnancy. It’s such a rare event, they must want to check what’s going on, no?

9 Likes

a longer chapter than the previous weeks.

Just here wondering how you can have sexual relations while flying but other than that.
I like the Erin teacher part. It’s was such a sweet moment. Now Erin should be around 20 right?
Btw at P.163(physical book) Erin and Esare speaks about 波をかぶる is that a metaphor?「本来なら、それは自分が被るべき波なのだ」and 「大きいな波をかぶらねばならない」I supposed it was a reference to an incoming disaster of something.

I think she’s 18. Maybe 19.

2 Likes

Yes, there’s no physical wave coming :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Thx but I was wondering if my interpretation of the metaphor was correct or is it an expression? I was also wondering if there was another meaning for that kanji maybe.

I mean there was a disaster on the other of the mountain maybe a wave right, right?

Right. 被る means to get on your head (e.g. wearing a hat). The image is that a wave (of troubles) is going to submerge her/them

2 Likes

From the title I thought this was going to be a very wholesome chapter where the two 王獣 met and shared a calm scenic flight together…did not see that coming.

Erin was relatable for once.

Also: 多くの学童たちが暮らすこの学舎で、これまで、この秘密が、外部に漏れずに保たれてきたことは、奇跡に近いことだったのだ。 Glad to see we all agree on this one.

6 Likes

The に近いこと part might make it too unrealistic. :rofl:

4 Likes

There is a bird called “common swift” that can also do that. As you may imagine, it’s real quick :sweat_smile: (2-4 seconds!) mainly because they kinda drop during the process and also because they are very prone to being attacked by predators at that time. Nature is much more amazing than we can imagine!

7 Likes