獣の奏者 chapter 6, part 2 discussion

Join the Intermediate Book Club here!

獣の奏者 Home Thread

Chapter 6, Part 2: 飛翔、飛翔

Start Date: July 25th
Previous Week: Chapter 6, part 1
Next Week: Chapter 6, part 3

Discussion Rules

• Please use spoiler tags for major events in the current chapter and any content in future chapters.
  • When asking for help, please mention the page number. If you are reading the ebook version mention the percentage.
  • Don’t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarrassing at first. All of us are here to learn.
  • To you lurkers out there: Join the conversation, it’s fun! :durtle:

Read Aloud

We will be reading on Sundays at 10:00PM Japan time (reading the previous week’s content). Here is the time in your local time zone:

2020-08-02T13:00:00Z

Participants

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll.

• I’m reading along
  • I’m still reading the book but I haven’t reached this part yet
  • I’m no longer reading the book

0 voters

If you’ve read ahead (or read the book before) but plan to participate, please vote for “I’m reading along”.

This week reading was so good. How they they left me on such cliffhanger. I don’t want to read ahead but…

Anyway I’m impressed that リラん can now communicate with エリン and even understand grammar to be able to use it in a way that he hasn’t learned. I don’t know if I should be happy or scared. If my cat suddenly starts talking I will creep out. It is nice that they can communicate and help each other. The part where they were flying has awakened the children in me. I was so excited… well until エリン almost died from the cold. I predicted that he would fly when there was the earthquake and the ground below them was crumbling. I just forgot that エリン might have trouble flying in winter at high altitude. In the end, the old man is probably the one エサレ spoke about. At first, I read what he said as “you are John’s daughter” instead of ソヨン. It seems he is from アリオン and I wonder what he wants and what is his relation to ソヨン. I got the terminator vibe from his last sentence. “come with me if you want to live” kinda. Instead it “come with me we need to talk” so many questions and I have to wait a week for it.

7 Likes

I also really enjoyed the chapter. What happened was obvious (due to the chapter title), but it was still interesting seeing how it would happen. I also really want to keep reading, but I’ll be good and find something else to do. :innocent:

9 Likes

Well that was an intense ending. Did not see that coming right after リラン flew for the first time. And I was all smug like “Well, it’s not like he’d dare get close to エリン with this huge 王獣 being there to protect her” but then… :scream:
Now I’m worried. I’d like to think it’s not an ‘enemy’ but I can’t trust anyone that uses an 音無し笛 anymore.

7 Likes