Week 9

Start Date: July 4th
Previous week: Week 8
Next week: Week 10

Reading:

End Page End Percentage End Phrase Page Count
141 64% どうしたらいい? 17

Discussion Rules

• Please use spoiler tags for major events in the current chapter(s) and any content in future chapters.
  • When asking for help, please mention the chapter and page number. Also mention what version of the book you are reading.
  • Don’t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarrassing at first. All of us are here to learn.
  • To you lurkers out there: Join the conversation, it’s fun! :durtle:

Participants

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll.

• I’m reading along
  • I have finished this part
  • I’m still reading the book but I haven’t reached this part yet
  • I am no longer/not reading the book

0 voters

Be careful not to read past the limit! A lot is happening and it’s easy to miss! I ended up reading most of next week by accident

I also didn’t expect my headline for this week in the home thread to hit so close to home!

5 Likes

Yeah, I really wasn’t expecting… that

4 Likes

I can’t help but wonder if the real reason they can’t get out because one of them is carrying something from the road. Or maybe even the bandages or the bullet…not sure what counts

Given the stopping point, I really want to!

6 Likes

I was actually also thinking that maybe the bullet was still stuck somewhere, which was why they couldn’t get out

4 Likes

Just noticed how awesome your profile pic is!

2 Likes

I sadly cannot say anything, since I know the answer from reading (most of) next week’s part :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Yeah I have an unhealthy obsession with cats. Thanks xD

2 Likes

I’m expecting an S-grade sensationalist introduction for next weeks reading :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, just discovered that +- becomes ±, which is pretty cool.

4 Likes

What if I made it wrong on purpose :eyes: Now you’ll never know for sure

3 Likes

That sounds like what would happen in a sensationalist introduction to me :+1:

3 Likes

Nooo you got the typo before I could fix it

Now I know what next week’s introduction is going to be :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

got you covered

3 Likes

Ooh. I like that theory. I like this one from last week, too:

And also, I really like 水牛.

6 Likes

Combining them both: don’t get shot in fairyland

6 Likes

Still reading through this week’s portion, but 皮膚感覚 is my first word(s) of the story where I had to go look up the English definition, too.

cutaneous: relating to or affecting the skin

4 Likes

Wow one of my predictions came true! Or, maybe anyway.Considering that the water they drank last night has probably been at least partially put to use as tears/blood/etc, they could be in quite a bind. I really like the restriction that even photographs can’t be taken out, that’s a pretty cool way of emphasizing that the rules are very different here.

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure that water comes from outside, since there’s no source around. But, yeah, I guess it would be a problem if you swallowed a small rock or something.

2 Likes

I read that bit as meaning you couldn’t take the photograph in the first place (I’m imagining an all black/all white picture when you develop it).

1 Like

Right. Assuming you take it with your smartphone, I think nothing (or “outside”) would show on the screen.

1 Like