一週間フレンズ | Week 3 Discussion

Week 3 Discussion | Pages 28 - 44

Chapter 0: 友達のハジマリ

Start Date: 24th August
Last Week: Chapter 0 Part 2
Next Week: Chapter 1 Part 1

一週間フレンズ Home Thread

We’re reading to the end of Chapter 0 this week!

Part of the Beginner Book Club!

Vocabulary List

Please read the editing guidelines in the first sheet before adding any words!

Discussion Guidelines

• Please use spoiler tags for major events in the current week’s pages, and any content from later in the book/series, like this: [spoiler]texthere[/spoiler]

• When asking for help, please mention the page number (or % for eBooks).

• Don’t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarrassing at first. All of us are here to learn and someone else will probably be grateful you asked!

• People usually find that they engage with and enjoy the discussion much more if they don’t read ahead, though of course it’s up to you :wink:

• To you lurkers out there: join the conversation, it’s fun!

Participants

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll:

• I’m reading along
  • I’m still reading but haven’t reached this part yet
  • I’m dropping this book

0 voters

If you’ve read it before but will join in the discussion (or have read ahead), please select “I’m reading along”!

5 Likes

Planning to change my answer to “I’m reading along” after tomorrow’s read! :muscle:t3:

I just noticed that I’m not really fond of this 4-koma format thing… So I’m looking forward to getting to the next non-4-koma section.

5 Likes

Saaaaame :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Finally finished with Chapter 0! :grin: So far this week’s read is good~ No issues

Be prepared to read several 忘れる in this week’s portion. Really :joy:

7 Likes

SPOILERS!?!?

Jk

2 Likes

:scream:

… okay, this wikipedia page tells it in the “Plot” so I guess its no spoiler. Or not…

I was joking, it was part of the nomination pitch :wink:

1 Like

I actually found it easier than last week.

1 Like

page 35
気が合わない人と仲の良い振りをしてみたいの。

Is she saying something like: I tried to be close to the people that I don’t get along with, so what I understand: She tried to get close to people before but now, she doesn’t get along with them (because her memories vanished).

I’m just a bit confused about 仲の良い振り, I would literally translate it as “close behaviour” - I tried close behaviour with the not-getting-along-with people

I’m happy that I’m soon at the point where the story actually begins. …I think I get now why it’s called chapter 0.

Basically, she tried to fake being friends with people she wasn’t really friends with, to see if her memories of them vanished the next week, and they didn’t. (Thus proving that it’s not “interacting with people” that causes the amnesia, it’s “being friends”.)

Pretty sure Chapter 0 was originally published as a one-shot, before it became a recurring series with Chapter 1.

2 Likes

:thinking::thinking::thinking: I have to re-read that part. Didn’t catch that at all :sweat_smile:

Apparently I misread the page numbers last week, so I had four extra pages to read this week! In any case, I’m done!

Unrelated to the club (except that I tried to use the link to last week’s thread in the OP), but are links to other threads broken for anyone else? My browser just gives me an error about it redirecting too many times. I suspect it has something to do with the ‘x’ in the URLs? Or is it just me? It happens with every link to another thread I’ve tried, though all the links have used the ‘x’.

Hmmm I had never noticed those “x” in the URLs before, but they work properly for me despite that. Currently using the latest version of Chrome, for reference… maybe give it a try with a different browser?

Interesting, since I’m using the latest Chrome, as well. The error happens on a different computer, same browser/version, too, but using Firefox it doesn’t happen.

Hmmm that’s indeed really strange. Since chrome synchronizes extensions between computers, maybe the issue is with some third party extension you may have in chrome… ?

Yeah, that seems to be it. I’ll have to work through which one in particular is causing it. Thanks!

1 Like

The error happens if you open the link in a new tab in chrome, so it works if you use another browser or don’t open in a new tab(even if it is a bit annoying to have to use the same tab… or at least to have to duplicate the tab before clicking the link)

2 Likes

Certainly, it does fail for me too when I attempt to open in a new tab =>.<= So it might be a discord bug / chrome bug?

Ah, yep, you’re right. It was just a coincidence that I didn’t open the link in a new tab after I’d disabled all addons.

It’s working for me.

The x is a placeholder for the topic title, which usually appears in the URL - if you include the topic title in its entirety, the link stops working if the topic it links to changes titles.