ロジカとラッカセイ ・ Rojica and Rakkasei 🥜 (Beginner Book Club)

Yeah, but I feel like it’s a bit boring to be honest :frowning:

1 Like

Fair.

Side-note, I find it weird that we have:

:vhs: :cd: :dvd: :floppy_disk: :minidisc: and even :pager: but no record. :joy:

Wonder what the folks who make standard emojis have against vinyl. :joy:

7 Likes

Is ラッカセイ supposed to be a peanut like the word means? I mean he looks pretty deformed in that case, but that’s all I can think of. :peanuts:

4 Likes

We could probably do worse than :peanuts:, although that’s more a volume 2 (volume 2 front page) reference. I’m considering it if I can’t come up with anything better!

3 Likes

ラッカセイ is the human. :eyes:

5 Likes

I don’t know if it is just me or what, but this series really gives me Adventure Time vibes. You have the main duo who go on episodic adventures, and it is a mix of both lighthearted and serious/darker moments. And I guess to anyone who hasn’t read this series, if you like Adventure Time, you will probably like this as well. :grin:

4 Likes

It’s not just you:

…and 4 out of the 5 reviews I saw mention Adventure Time. :laughing:

5 Likes

Sorry, still new to the forum. Is there a way to get a reminder notif or email or something when week 1 goes live?

4 Likes

Just for that, and for nothing else - unfortunately no. You can set this thread to “Watching” at the bottom (under “Share”, “Bookmark”, “Flag” and “Reply”), but then you’ll also get notified of everything else that goes on in this thread.

But it definitely won’t start before May 6th, so you could set a reminder in your favourite calendar.

4 Likes

fair enuff. Pragmatic!

2 Likes

So we going with the one chapter per week schedule? I noticed that the schedule in OP still wasn’t filled out.

3 Likes

Either that, or I’m thinking of going with 9 weeks to accomodate the 27% who think they might not be able to go faster than 15 pages per week. For those, chapter 4 with 27 pages by week 4 might be a bit harsh, so giving them a little bit more breathing room with 13 + 14 pages before the first long chapter being chapter 5 with the more managable 23 pages sounds like it might be something worth adding another week for.

So that would be:

• Chapter 1: 14 pages
  • Chapter 2: 12 pages
  • Chapter 3: 12 pages
  • Chapter 4 (part 1): 13 pages
  • Chapter 4 (part 2): 14 pages
  • Chapter 5: 23 pages
  • Chapter 6: 28 pages
  • Chapter 7: 16 pages
  • Chapter 8: 19 pages
6 Likes

So the option that wasn’t even an option. Got it. :joy:

3 Likes

Haha. And yet it seems like it might be the best option when looking at all the poll results: Most people prefer 8 weeks over the longer options, but that would likely be too fast for 1/4 of participants. So, a compromise, considering this is still for learning, not just for those of us who can read the whole thing in 4 days.

6 Likes

Yep, that’s fair. It’s always nice to read full chapters per week, but there are times where that doesn’t make sense. For people who can read the whole chapter in a sitting, it’s easy enough to still just do that and then have a week off.

6 Likes

4 days or 2 hours after starting, because it’s too cute. Yeah, same thing.

Theoretically there are some people that are affected by it, those that can pretty much read an entire chapter in a week, but still have quite a few questions regarding more difficult parts. For those half a chapter a week might be too boring, but can’t really properly read the next half, because they don’t have a proper place to ask questions in. But honestly, this is the BBC, there are waaaay fewer questions going on. If the reading speed accomodates most people that feel like they are on the appropriate level, then that’s a great speed.

it's easier to pick up another book or two for those that can, than to suffer through it for those that can't

4 Likes

I also decided to join for ロジカとラッカセイ and got the physical book yesterday.

This is my first Beginner Book Club (previously did Absolute Beginner). Same for me, I got interested in this club here because of the „ad“ from Tobias in the ルリドラゴン thread. I really like ルリドラゴン, so I trust his choice blindly also for ロジカとラッカセイ :laughing:

12 Likes

Lmao I’ve literally used google translate on this page before. Never even noticed the language drop down. Thanks for pointing it out. :joy:

3 Likes

Hi! It’s my first time joining a Book Club here and excited to join everyone! I’m a little confused on how to purchase the book if I’m not living in Japan. Seems like the physical copies are only available in Japan? If I have a kindle, I have to get a Amazon Japan membership? Is there any other option? Thank youuu~~

4 Likes

You need to make an Amazon Japan account for kindle, it’s not really hard though, just go on the JP site and make an account, but make sure it isn’t the same as your normal account from your home country.

You can also use bookwalker for digital.

3 Likes