ロジカとラッカセイ ・ Rojica and Rakkasei 🥜 (Beginner Book Club)

I see, thanks! So that’s how you get the coins, but how are they used?

3 Likes

When you buy another book, you can choose to use your points. Each point you have means 1 yen less to pay. It’s basically 50% off except you need to put in money to get the discount later on

6 Likes
Can you guide me on which one is the option?

4 Likes

Below コイン残高, there’s that field labeled with 今回利用数 or “amount used this time”. I think the button next to that automatically uses either all, or as much as you need

The button just says “apply”, which is vague at best. It either puts in as many coins as needed or it applies the coin amount you’ve input

Edit: lol, nevermind, the big green button below that says “use all my coins” :joy: that’s the target

8 Likes

Perfect thanks, bought the boom with coins! Well, I guess I’m committed then, see you all in May :grin:

6 Likes

Yay, finally joining another book club! I’ve only ever joined the absolute beginner one.

My current main book is 世界から猫が消えたなら, but when life gets busy with exams and deadlines I tend to abandon reading for a while :sweat_smile:. This seemed like a chill book which would help me maintain an everyday reading habit without overloading myself.

I’m looking forward to reading with you all come May! :raised_hands:

13 Likes

Looks like your question’s already been answered, but by the way, you can also set the Bookwalker checkout to be in English :slight_smile:

At the top of the page there’s a language dropdown.

And then it will look like this

8 Likes

Omg the way I was struggling through checkout and I didnt even notice that… Thank you :joy:

3 Likes

Thanks, I’m keeping it in Japanese because one day I will totally not be lazy and try to read it and to understand it! :upside_down_face:

Me using a website in Japanese

CstQrjWUkAAdpWr

6 Likes

Hi, joining for the first time, since I’ve been meaning to read this one and the timing actually works out for me for once.

10 Likes

Ah, you’re one of the two people who put it on their wish list after I wrote my review and posted in the “What are you reading today?” thread over at Natively! Welcome!

3 Likes

ah yeah i am always watching the live feed of what people are reading and adding interesting things to my to-read pile … gives me something to aim for (as if those mountains aren’t already high enough).

Hopefully this is within my reading level! Natively 22 I can about manage I think without getting too tired, usually

6 Likes

Then you should be called Jointor instead I’m sorry

4 Likes

Hey, first time joining a book club. I loved this manga in English so I thought why not give it a try. Unfortunately, it looks like the physicals are very much out of stock, so I guess I’ll have to go digital. I’m also currently reading しろくまカフェ, is it around the same level as this one, or easier/harder?

5 Likes

It’s about the same level according to natively

3 Likes

That doesn’t sound right…:thinking:

I guess I’m overestimating the hard parts.

2 Likes

To be honest, as far as I know, the natively entry is pretty new, so could fluctuate. We’ll see in time

2 Likes

Just noticed, the title of the thread is missing an 絵文字 :x not sure what would be the best fit, maybe @TobiasW, you have an idea?

4 Likes

Unfortunately, apart from me nobody here seems to have read ロジカとラッカセイ in Japanese, and I haven’t read しろくまカフェ.

The current Natively of L21 rating might be a bit off since it’s only one person (me) rating it, but I remember having far less problems understanding it than I had with an L23 manga, so I’d expect it to be somewhere between L21 und L23.

しろくまカフェ is rated L21 on Natively, so I’d expect ロジカとラッカセイ to be slightly harder than しろくまカフェ regarding grammar/difficulty understanding. (I didn’t take the lack of furigana into account though, so if that is a problem for you, it might be more difficult.)

That being said, if you have already read it in English you will probably have a much easier time.

I’m still thinking about finding one that fits, but isn’t a spoiler :laughing:

Sadly there’s no record emoji (title page/first chapter reference), so that one was out.

6 Likes

:flying_disc: maybe? Not quite a record. But it is what they use it for. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes