キノの旅 Home Thread (Intermediate Book Club)

I think there is some kind of curse for Kino books and chapter 4 :joy: . I’m reading the second book and the fourth one in that one is also quite a slog. It’s an interesting premise about a “country of free information” where we get news-like articles from different perspectives and slowly get to the truth of things. No dialogue and all the official-like vocab is a bit tiring, though…

4 Likes

Maybe I should also start reading the other book of the serie. I kinda want to but I have a lot to read already. Would you recommend me reading the other book of that serie? I’m kinda getting nostalgic of that series.

Well, it’s a lot of the same, so if you liked the first one you will like the second one. All the chapters can stand on their own and can have interesting quirks, like the chapter 4.

I bought it as a test for reading on my phone when I have free time and since it’s easy to read it’s good for binging and practicing speed. I watched a few episodes of the anime and got a bit into the Kino series as a whole, but recently I’ve been distracted by other books… I kind of want to finish it, though, before starting anything new.

2 Likes

Does anyone know if this is the same book?

I can’t tell if its just a different cover or a completely different book.

Unfortunately there is a manga as well as a novel :sweat_smile: That’s the one thing to be wary of.
Other than that, if this is a novel, then it looks quite good to me.

To make absolutely sure, you could also compare the first few pages in the book’s nomination post.

3 Likes

No, this is a manga.

Darn, looks like I bought the wrong thing.

2 Likes