よつばと! Vol 13 Discussion Thread (Yotsuba&! Reading Club)

I wondered if we knew his name from before or not!
Well, now we do! =D

1 Like

That’s an old one!

1 Like

For those of us not living in Japan, and wondering why you’d get a pass for a salon:

main_bg_top

(Edit: Or just look at the next page. This chapter has a lot of words, so I’m slowly going one page at a time, and used this as a chance to take a brief break!)

4 Likes

Oh yes, I was going to bring that up too, but clean forgot.

Chapter 86 time!

:open_mouth:

Now I can only imagine Yotsuba singing and dancing to this song (and getting all the words wrong). :joy:

Noo, product placement! D:

:stuck_out_tongue:

:sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Chapter 88! :iphone:

3 Likes

What do you mean “2 days late”? :eyes:

3 Likes

My usual random comments:

• Dunno why, but I kinda like that Grandma’s playing with Ena.
  • Kinda feels like this chapter skips a whole chunk - they’re going out shopping, Yotsuba points out a few things, and suddenly the trip’s over and they’re back home.
  • I’d honestly like to know what the black ghost actually is…
  • Considering this series started in 2003, it’s almost a little bit jarring when Grandma suddenly pulls out an iPhone. Azuma-sensei has stated that the manga is always set in the present day, though.
  • Ah, 無料. When I was at the Kawagoe Matsuri, I bought a baked potato from one of the stalls. There was also a range of toppings to add, like corn and miso sauce and such. I tried to ask the guy if they were free, but I somehow forgot the word 無料, so instead I asked これは無理ですか, which understandably confused him. I decided to go ahead and take some anyway, and I was halfway through that when I suddenly remembered it’s 無料.
4 Likes

Chapter 89! :space_invader:

4 Likes

The evil plan formulated last chapter comes to fruition. And we finally meet the black ghost!

Page 182, I’m amused she brings up the iPhone again.

Page 184, what’s させん?

Page 199, しあさって is a new one on me. It’s the day after あさって. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

させない?

(This line added for post length requirement.)

Aye, I considered that. Still can’t work out which させない it’s supposed to be.

I mean, I get the gist - it’s like “not if I can help it” sort of thing - but I can’t work out the words.

I read it as “I won’t allow that (to happen)”, but I may be impacted by such a line appearing in anime a lot.

1 Like

Hello

3 Likes

Yes, hello. Are you new here? Can we help you?

3 Likes

I’ve been reading Yotsubato recently and just got to this chapter :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Hello. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nice one!
The live reading (of volume one, chapters 5 & 6) starts in a couple of hours if you’d like to join us!

1 Like

Not really my thing 251446983644938240 Heading to bed anyway

Sleep well! (Perhaps in your dreams you’ll hear the Yotsuba Reading Club!)

3 Likes