しろくまカフェ: Week 1 Discussion (Chapters 1 and 2)

it’s under the Vocabulary header, now that i think about it we should put it under a better header to draw the readers’ attention to it

Maybe Copy the whole post and post-in under a general Translation summary?

1 Like

Is it better now?:DD

2 Likes

mmmm… if you convert to a Wiki I can try to play with it

2 Likes

There you go:3

1 Like

Something like that? But I don’t know how to make it bigger

I fixed the direct quoted posts, but I don’t think I can make it bigger. And not sure if it even looks clean:DD :thinking:

2 Likes

I guess we can’t, but i believe i found a workaround. What do you think?

1 Like

I think it looks nice, but because I don’t use those, I can’t really tell how convinient it is:c So if anyone feels that something needs to be edited, feel free!:DD

2 Likes

I think it looks great as it is :slight_smile: if we keep the same format this week too, I feel all will be well :smiley:

1 Like

Yes, I think if we start Chapters 3 & 4 with the line-by-line translations… we can add them to them main topic as we do them

5 Likes

I didn’t see this mentioned, but I’m guessing that the Kanji on the pillow behind パンダくん in the first panel on page 5 is .

Also, whew! I made it through before the week was over. :tada: Thank you all for answering my questions before I even got here! :smile:

4 Likes

Absolute newbie checking in, just finished the last page on the night of the last day! Massive thank you to everyone who contributed the line by line translations for the pages, and for the compiled version - I got about half way through doing my own but was giving up by the end, as each page was taking a huge amount of time and I just couldn’t keep up.

I don’t think I would have finished this week without the line by line readings, and I’m not sure if I’m going to manage to keep up given how little I know, but I’ll try and keep up with reading the story and using the translations if I can. I’m barely retaining any of it as it’s so far beyond my level, but it’s nice to get a little practice in and really rewarding when I see kanji or phrases I recognise :stuck_out_tongue:

Good luck to everyone on the last leg, and I’m looking forward to chapter 3 and 4 :smiley:

4 Likes

I’m really excited to join in! And boy I kinda felt accomplished in being able to read through a lot of the first two chapters before getting to check the vocabulary. The only thing that tripped me up was the “歩けばそれなりに. . .” part grammatically, which was covered here.

I just really wanted to say thank you for holding these since I’ve needed that confidence push to start actually reading more. I can’t wait for the next two chapters! \o/

8 Likes

Next week’s discussion thread is here! \o/

7 Likes

I have some questions about a few of the grammar points.

にも - is this just a word meaning also/too rather than 2 stacked particles?
And can anyone explain (or link me to a website) these grammar points:
なんていっても
あるけば
それなりに
I googled but couldn’t find anything/figure them out.

Do you have the pages where they appear?

にも and なんていっても are on pg 6
& あるけば and それなりに are on pg 8

あるけば is the ば-form of the verb 歩くwhich basically means “if”: https://kawakawalearningstudio.com/japanese/how-to-make-and-use-japanese-ba-form/

2 Likes