しろくまカフェ ~ Shirokuma Café Anime Club 📺

Having realizations like that are among the joys of learning and getting better at Japanese. ^>^ They’re all worthy of celebration! :grin:

3 Likes

This sounds like it could be fun, I definitely prefer listening over reading so I’ve never really been much for the book clubs. An activity like this might help me get a better sense of my progress. Count me in!

1 Like

Glad to hear it and welcome to the thread! :high_touch:

i’m definately going to watch with all of you! this has been on my list for a while now
i don’t know if you guys are planning on turning off subtitles but i am absolutely not ready for that yet- is that okay? o_o
anyways, even if i’m doing it wrong i’ll watch along and pop in here to chat about it!

3 Likes

You can absolutely do that. Everyone can choose for themselves how they’ll watch the show. With no subs, with subs, with Japanese subs if they can/want to. It doesn’t matter. Let’s all have fun at the level we’re at! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This doesn’t sound legal though. They claim educational purposes, but streaming an entire anime isn’t education - that’s entertainment. They also say they don’t monetize anime shown on the site while having a Patreon and asking for donations. So, I think you should not be using this site, handy or not. What they’re doing is not “fair-use” by any stretch of the imagination.

As per the forum guidelines, it’s best to not mention this site further. Sorry.

1 Like

An anime with cute animals?? I am so down for this.

5 Likes

I watched the beginning (on crunchyroll) to see how it would be and it’s adorable I love it :sob::sob:

4 Likes

:notes: キタ――(゜∀゜)――!!! ボクにインビテーション :notes: :grin:

That OP is fantastic! It’s going to be so much fun watching with you all! ^>^

マ・マ・マ・マ・マハロ! @Zakarius and welcome to the thread. :high_touch:

5 Likes

Does this show have subtitles in Japanese? On Crunchyroll I can only see English, Spanish, Brazilian and French.

1 Like

Hi i’m interested. Doesn’t appear that it is available on Netflix in my region (Australia).

I will try to get it by other means. Anything beginner friendly for Japanese is good for me.

1 Like

No Japanese subs doesn’t seem available. Unless you buy the show on DVD/Blu-Ray. We’ll have to make do with what is available. Sorry.

On the other hand, this show has very straightforward Japanese, so give it a try without subs and see how you fare. It’s a good practice show to get used to watching without subs, imo. ^^

@PeterRoss Try Crunchyroll as they’re distributing the show. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m in as long as I remember to actually watch it. My long-term memory sucks.

2 Likes

You could set the thread to watching to get reminded of the ongoing discussions! :wink:
( → getting notifications for all posts in the thread)

I hope you stay with us! :durtle_noice:

4 Likes

I will give it a try, thanks :wink:

2 Likes

True story: I never really stopped using English subs, unless I could not get them. I want it to be fun watching anime. :slight_smile: After years of watching, it became less important to have subs though, and eventually I started in on Drama CDs. That’s hard! Comparatively Shirokuma Café is a much better starting point for listening practice. I guess, I never thought much about difficulty levels back then. :joy: (it was ALL just Japanese). = self-studying madness. XD

4 Likes

That’s not always a guarantee that there’ll be subs either. Saezuru’s movie doesn’t have subs on the bluray and JoJo Part 1 doesn’t have Japanese subs. For some reason, the Japanese copy has English subs but not Japanese. Based on my limited Japanese DVD purchases, I’m inclined to believe Japanese subs are just not standard.

Also, Amazon Japan doesn’t seem to have Jpn subs for any anime. Netflix is hit or miss but I only had Netflix for about 2 months.

1 Like

Thanks for that comment. I have very limited knowledge as well. I only own a few. The Star Wars DVDs had them, but that’s a huge franchise…

1 Like

@ekg sorry I added a quick edit about streaming websites

1 Like

They’d have them because Star Wars is a foreign film in Japan though. In movie theaters there was the choice of subs or dub. I’ve heard there’s the same sub vs dub debate in Japan as there is Internationally for anime subs.

1 Like