おじさまと猫 (Ojisama to Neko) Volume 3 Discussion

I thought it was because the smell lol. Durian’s banned from public transport in many places because of the strength of its rancid smell

1 Like

Ah, you’re right! I remember reading once that they have a bad smell. (Had forgotten.)

I had thought it was because of his hair style looking like one. (Oops.) Well, I guess it’s a good day when I’m getting the fruit references wrong, rather than the Japanese grammar that normally stumps me.

1 Like

Lol, I’m glad I could help. If you haven’t tried it before, I recommend trying some dried. An old neighbor shared some with us. He said that the dried version doesn’t have as strong of a smell, but I can’t smell too well anyway. You should probably eat them outside anyway. My mom didn’t like the taste after she purposely tried to smell it, but I thought it was tasty. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ohoho, trauma awaits. I already knew from figuring out where best to split the chapter, but yeah, that scene reads a lot differently when you know what’s going to happen.

1 Like

I missed that there was a book club chapter split for length (as I typically read a whole chapter of whatever I read per day). It seems as if I’ve gone ahead a wee bit! Looks like I’m on hiatus until the schedule catches up. (But that works, because I’ve got a bunch of other series with typically short chapters that I can swap in.)

1 Like

Once again I find myself behind, whoops. I was sick last week but that doesn’t excuse me being 2 weeks behind. I should catch up this week though. :3

1 Like

SRS. One of my recentish newly made Anki cards:

Screenshot_20210530_182216

ORS (Ojisama repetition system). Chapter 35:

0792_ojsmnk_1280_03_087

Page 90, again I'm wishing I had pet cats.

0792_ojsmnk_1280_03_092

1 Like

Cats just make everything better like that. Helping those pesky bad feelings go away. :green_heart:
and being fun to play with of course!

I saw a new cat in my neighborhood today and I wanted to stop and say hello, but I had to get to work. Any local cats near you?

1 Like

The place I was renting a room at in 2019 was down a cul de sac, and one of the neighbors had a black cat I’d sometimes see walking from the bus stop after work. I enjoyed the mutual attention sessions petting the cat.

Where I am now, all I’ve seen are raccoons. I had no idea just how massively large those things get! (But based on what I’ve seen people post on the Nextdoor site for this area, I expect to eventually run into a coyote or a bob cat.)

1 Like

What a sweet sounding kitty!

Lol, are they round big or just bigger than you expected? At least coyotes and bob cats leave people alone for the most part

I used to think raccoons maxed out at the size of a small cat (even smaller than Fukumaru). I never knew they grew as big as four or five Fukumarus combined! And when I first saw one this large, it was in the pre-sun dark of the early morning.

1 Like

Ah, now that I think about it, there’s usually not much size comparison in pictures or videos of raccoons.

The fun bit is seeing how equally liquid raccoons can be when a big one squeezes itself into a drain.

1 Like
Yeah, the two I saw one morning hurried in through here.

It was too dark to see their pancake performance, but they’ve gotta be able to flatten down quite a bit!

おじさまと猫とraccoon

1 Like

Animals using the drains feels like they’re taking a video games shortcut/fast travel lol

I’m rather behind, but I’m excited because it seems that today I’ll be able to catch up!!! Prepare for some spam lol.

Although, @ChristopherFritz I see this is our last week on this volume. Would you like to continue with 4? Although some folks are reading the earlier vols, I think it would just be us two active for 4 most likely. I could go either way honestly. We could also take a short hiatus (preferably until after the JLPT (July 4th)) and see if anyone catches up by then.

1 Like

I’ve fallen a tiny bit behind this past week and a half, but I should be finishing up volume 3 soon. I have enough other manga I’m simultaneously reading that it won’t impact me any if there’s a hiatus before starting volume 4.

1 Like

Ok, how about a slightly longer hiatus then? Starting vol 4 a week after the JLPT so that people have some recovery time from it as well?

So starting vol 4 on July 12?

Whatever works for you will work for me just as well. I’ll just need to be sure to buy a (digital) copy at the end of the month, and I’ll be ready for the 12th!

1 Like

Alright, let’s plan for the 12th then. Purrhaps @sour_cat or @patternfinder might join us by then or maybe @noko will rejoin us?

I hope everyone’s in good health and enjoying Fukumaru’s relaxing cuteness. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m terribly sorry, I dropped the ball on this, haven’t I? I’ll post a thread for Volume 4 immediately.