おじさまと猫 (Ojisama to neko) book club

Hi! I haven’t joined any book clubs previously, but I’ve definitely been wanting to; grammar’s my main weak point so I’ll probably be asking a lot of beginner questions. :') If you’re alright with that, I’d be happy to join in!

4 Likes

Thank you, please do! :smiley:

3 Likes

Of course, you’re more than welcome! We’ll all help each other out! :smile:

1 Like

Fixed it! :wink:

2 Likes

Awesome, thanks! :muscle:

1 Like

Time is unfortunately finite! :sweat_smile: You’re of course still very welcome to pop in, in either case, if you want to! :blush:

1 Like

Thank you for pointing this out! :smile:

2 Likes

If I ever read this in the far future, I’ll definitely use this thread as a reference thread.

2 Likes

Ooh I’ll join! I love this manga! I cried on more than a few chapters. It’s so heartwarming.

4 Likes

Count me in! Loved the first few pages and I’ve got some Book Walker points expiring at the end of the month so need to spend them on something. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I bought this one last year, but found it a bit above my level at the time. If I browse a few pages now… It’s suddenly become much more readable!

I passed on reading it last year because I was focused on learning grammar via participating in book clubs. Since I already own the first volume, this gives me an excuse to read through it now. I may not match the club pace, but I’ll definitely look to participating in discussions and helping out with answering questions.

Looks like all those years spent learning 猫弁(ネコべん) will finally be paying off.

6 Likes

Aww, bummer. I bought it a while back so that I could volunteer to run it for the ABC at some point, but I can’t manage it as an extra club. Sorry, I’ll probably have to pass.

Now I don’t know when I’ll read it :cry:

Chapters are short, so if you were to squeeze in reading four pages once a week…

1 Like

I’ll be joining too! :cat2:
Read the first chapter on Bookwalker and it seemed really sweet! and sad

2 Likes

It all adds up though ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

I really wanna join in! I’m not sure how it works though :sweat_smile: Is there a post explaining how book clubs work? I’ve not done this before

3 Likes

Oooo yay I have this on my shelf and have been waiting in the hopes someone would do a book club reading of it!

3 Likes

I love your icon! Boss Shark :purple_heart:

1 Like

From what I’ve learned, with book clubs you: 1. get the book before the start date; 2. read along with however much is being read per week; 3. give reactions, ask questions, answer questions, etc in the discussion posts. Did you have some other part of it you weren’t sure about?

2 Likes

It doesn’t concern me because I’m an ebook reader but maybe you would like to give other people some more time to order the book?

3 Likes