おじさまと猫 (Ojisama to neko) book club

Nice! I also have the volume, although I think I’d prefer to go at a slightly slower pace. I hope to be on track with y’all this time.

2 Likes

Slower works for me. I’m working out my April reading schedule, and I have three series (including this one) with short chapters (6 to 20 pages to a chapter). Since I normally read about 45 manga pages per day, I figure I can put all my short-chapter series into a single day each week. Done that way, I can easily working in one or two chapters of :older_man::cat: per week (or whatever pace works for you).

A slower pace should make it easier to comment on things from the manga, as well.

(P.S. I forgot I still have two chapters left in volume 2! I’ll read those Friday. No disruption for volume 3 scheduling.)

Thank you! Your reading amount is really impressive. I hope I can build up the stamina for that level of reading sometime soon.

I think I would prefer about 1 chapter a week. I forgot to bring my vol 3 today, but if there are any extra long or short chapters, we can average them out.

Re your PS. Lol, I have the same 2 chapters left. It’s already Friday for me, so I’m reading them now :joy: What a funny world. Earlier this week, I forgot I had 2 bimonthly magazines arriving, so I got very distracted by their content.

I’ll go grab the 3rd volume this week, and I think a chapter a week is perfect! I’ve gotten into a study rhythm again and need to just fit in actually commenting in the threads into that rhythm :sweat_smile:

1 Like

If you’re grabbing it this week, shall we set the schedule to start next week?

So
Week of 4/12- 31(しょう)とパパさんのために
Week of 4/19- 32(しょう)
Week of 4/26- 虎穴に入らずんばパパさんを得ず
Week of 5/3- 33(しょう)
Week of 5/10- 34(しょう) 53-68
Week of 5/17- 34(しょう) 68-end (82)
Week of 5/24- 35(しょう) (It’s a little long)
Week of 5/31- 36(しょう)とみnにゃ大好(だいす)きにゃ
Week of 6/7- 37(しょう)
Week of 6/14- 38(しょう)

And then a week or two break and start Volume 4 if we’re still interested or gain someone?

2 Likes

Also Volume 3 page for ease

2 Likes

Also, so it’s not such a pain anymore, I hid the majority of the volume 1 sheets in the vocab spreadsheet. I added instructions (view>see hidden sheets) to the first page.

This works perfectly for me! Thanks for doing all of that :two_hearts:

1 Like

No problem! It wasn’t too much editing of the original schedule anyway :slight_smile:

I've heard that pets can be expensive, but picking up volume four today, it really stands out!

2 Likes

Oh that does seem pretty high!

Is it digital or physical? I’m still behind, but I’m finally feeling recovered from burnout, so I should be able to catch up soon

Digital, although from what I see, it looks like physical is the same price (at least for おじさまと猫).

1 Like

That sort of thing I just don’t get. Is the server space for hosting it the same cost as printing however many volumes?? Doesn’t make sense to me.

I suppose the best way to consider it is that printing books is so cheap that you’re paying the price set for the content regardless of whether it’s physical or digital.

1 Like

I see. :thinking: I’ve just been so used to digital textbooks and English books being cheaper digitally.

Interesting. Any English digital book I’ve bought was the same or more expensive than buying a new physical copy!

1 Like

How odd! My mom always lamented that I preferred physical to digital because of the cost and storage.

Can someone please update the first post with info about which volume you all read at the moment? And link the discussion threads for chapters/volumes after Chapter 15?

1 Like

@Sarabrina would you mind adding the discussion links for vols 2&3 to the first post? Or you could make it a wiki. I’ll repost the links here once at a computer again, but they’re also slightly further up in the thread.

3 Likes

Volume 4 posted, schedule undecided

4 Likes