おじさまと猫 (Ojisama to neko) book club

I know right? If this trend keeps up, I hope vol 10 is just all cats all over the front

@noko and @ChristopherFritz It’s April now, how are things going?

How fast or slow do we want to do vol 3?

I have volume 3 in hand (well, it’s digital). I can start at any time and go at any pace =D

Fukumaru dance

1 Like

Nice! I also have the volume, although I think I’d prefer to go at a slightly slower pace. I hope to be on track with y’all this time.

2 Likes

Slower works for me. I’m working out my April reading schedule, and I have three series (including this one) with short chapters (6 to 20 pages to a chapter). Since I normally read about 45 manga pages per day, I figure I can put all my short-chapter series into a single day each week. Done that way, I can easily working in one or two chapters of :older_man::cat: per week (or whatever pace works for you).

A slower pace should make it easier to comment on things from the manga, as well.

(P.S. I forgot I still have two chapters left in volume 2! I’ll read those Friday. No disruption for volume 3 scheduling.)

Thank you! Your reading amount is really impressive. I hope I can build up the stamina for that level of reading sometime soon.

I think I would prefer about 1 chapter a week. I forgot to bring my vol 3 today, but if there are any extra long or short chapters, we can average them out.

Re your PS. Lol, I have the same 2 chapters left. It’s already Friday for me, so I’m reading them now :joy: What a funny world. Earlier this week, I forgot I had 2 bimonthly magazines arriving, so I got very distracted by their content.

I’ll go grab the 3rd volume this week, and I think a chapter a week is perfect! I’ve gotten into a study rhythm again and need to just fit in actually commenting in the threads into that rhythm :sweat_smile:

1 Like

If you’re grabbing it this week, shall we set the schedule to start next week?

So
Week of 4/12- 31(しょう)とパパさんのために
Week of 4/19- 32(しょう)
Week of 4/26- 虎穴に入らずんばパパさんを得ず
Week of 5/3- 33(しょう)
Week of 5/10- 34(しょう) 53-68
Week of 5/17- 34(しょう) 68-end (82)
Week of 5/24- 35(しょう) (It’s a little long)
Week of 5/31- 36(しょう)とみnにゃ大好(だいす)きにゃ
Week of 6/7- 37(しょう)
Week of 6/14- 38(しょう)

And then a week or two break and start Volume 4 if we’re still interested or gain someone?

2 Likes

Also Volume 3 page for ease

2 Likes

Also, so it’s not such a pain anymore, I hid the majority of the volume 1 sheets in the vocab spreadsheet. I added instructions (view>see hidden sheets) to the first page.

This works perfectly for me! Thanks for doing all of that :two_hearts:

1 Like

No problem! It wasn’t too much editing of the original schedule anyway :slight_smile:

I've heard that pets can be expensive, but picking up volume four today, it really stands out!

2 Likes

Oh that does seem pretty high!

Is it digital or physical? I’m still behind, but I’m finally feeling recovered from burnout, so I should be able to catch up soon

Digital, although from what I see, it looks like physical is the same price (at least for おじさまと猫).

1 Like

That sort of thing I just don’t get. Is the server space for hosting it the same cost as printing however many volumes?? Doesn’t make sense to me.

I suppose the best way to consider it is that printing books is so cheap that you’re paying the price set for the content regardless of whether it’s physical or digital.

1 Like

I see. :thinking: I’ve just been so used to digital textbooks and English books being cheaper digitally.

Interesting. Any English digital book I’ve bought was the same or more expensive than buying a new physical copy!

1 Like

How odd! My mom always lamented that I preferred physical to digital because of the cost and storage.