Your worst typos WaniKani has accepted

Chrysanthemum

20 Likes

10 Likes

Uuuh… Definitely not a good idea to offer Chrysanthemum to your mother here in France since it is considered as the “flower of the dead”:sweat_smile: (It’s the flowers you generally puts on gravestones during Toussaint)
I love how in other countries it considered as a good thing, being a imperial or mother symbol, and here it’s just “flower of the dead”… Woohoo happiness…
At least I know that flower thanks to that xD

12 Likes

The same in Slovakia. Cemeteries are flooded by chrysanthema at All Saints’. And they somehow stink, too.

2 Likes

Okay, well you said “you” before. So we thought you might have meant “you.”

Honestly I used to think it was some sort of drug.

And also this video’s title was the first time I saw it spelled out which is an incorrect spelling so yeah.

3 Likes

5 Likes

So, we going with “mums”? Not sure what word will be more known. Or we could go with “flowering plants of the genus Chrysanthemum in the family Asteraceae.” :slight_smile:

3 Likes

For a while i thought that 走り回る meant “to turn around” because every time i typed that wanikani accepted it, and i didn’t notice it was a typo, but one day i heard it in an anime and it got translated as “to run around”. Then i opened wanikani to check and when i discovered that it was actually “to run around” and not “to turn around” my mind was blown.

18 Likes

Just got this one while multitasking, made me laugh.

52 Likes

This went from a real negative word to a real positive one.

36 Likes

Not even close…

24 Likes

One letter less and it’s a totally different word. Actually given it’s 以 and that thing is the absolute worst Kanji of all so far since it means basically everything under the sun, it even kinda fits. I just hate this one. Can’t get any of the meanings right at all, so that the first time I DID get one right was me not typing correctly… yeeeeah.:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11 Likes

This was so bad that even the merciful Crabigator didn’t accept it, but it made me laugh :sweat_smile:

Also this:

250px-086Seel seel noises

19 Likes

The radical 欠 - “Lack”

I was being a bit speedy in the lessons and thought it said “Jack”. WaniKani, being the understanding friend, accepted my answer every time.

Only found out I’d been answering it wrong this whole time after I went to check how many apprentice radicals I had left for level 6. :joy:

13 Likes

Maybe I shouldn’t be allowed to leave yet.

This one is maybe nsfw.

27 Likes

Nah mate, just australian

17 Likes

Not really a typo but this one was pretty bad

25 Likes

I swear it was a typo.

26 Likes

23 Likes