Your Longest Level

I mean, everyone has a level they take too long on, I’ve seen some of your statistics (not that I’m free of sin). What are yall’s longest levels?

I’m currently on level 9 for…114 days. I really need to get to those new lessons.

Edit: Good news everyone! Level 10! Only took 123 days : D

14 Likes

My longest level was like 600 and some days :sweat_smile:

13 Likes

To be fair, I’m only level 7, but 7 days 22 hours is the max (レべル三) :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I had to stop studying on WK for almost 3 years and forgot to put on vacation mode. I was at level 11 and when I came back I tried to force myself to re-study without resetting, but it was too overwhelming and it would have taken me weeks (if not months), so I decided to reset to level 7.

For some reason the WK stats website didn’t reset my “long vacation” status and now apparently I’ve been on level 8 for 917 days

EDIT
Btw why does my icon on the forum say that I’m lvl 7 when I’m actually lvl 8?

3 Likes

452 days for me. Sort of embarrassing seeing that on the stats chart xD

4 Likes

At this point, I’m just happy I finally got to 60 after all the sidetracking. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Mine is level 25 so far.

2 Likes

My longest level is my current one. Up to about 60 days now.

Edit: added a screenshot

It’ll update eventually I think, but you can force it by logging out and logging back in again.

6 Likes

My longest level had been level 25 with almost 180 day. I had done only reviews before going into vacation mode as I knew that I wouldn’t have much time for Wanikani (new job, life). I had already noticed that I had trouble recalling all those items coming up for burn. So after three month I decided to reset to level 1 and learn everything again…
It feels good to have a 100% score for a change.

6 Likes

While my longest level is technically 1268 days and 9 hours, my realistic longest level was 12 days and 9 hours after I got serious. WK really needs to offer more free levels, almost didn’t get my business. 3 levels is not enough to get a feel for WK.

But as for you taking 114 days, maybe you oughta consider decreasing you lesson count. When I’m at my laziest even my 4 count lessons are too much. I believe you could make them even as small as 1. If that’s what it takes to keep you on kanji journey, it will be well worth it.

3 Likes

My longest level was level 1. It took me 1945 (!) days.
I got an email about the winter sale, came back, and did my 90 pending reviews, which put me immediately on level 2. I really gave up at a weird time the first time around.

10 Likes

I’ve been on my current level for 90 days ! I slowed way down at level 30. Barely do lessons, and i am enjoying the low numbers of reviews. Think if i’d carried on at the same pace, it would have been unsustainable.

As long as I am still on my …

…i’m happy :wink:

Wanikani - A Kanji Journey - coming summer 2020.

3 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Only one long level - 23 - that was double my average otherwise. With some irony, it was the week I was in Japan :slight_smile: Surrounded by kanji all day but not much time to study it!

4 Likes

This current level, at 38 days. Really fell off the horse with moving and other things - longer than I realized, actually. But I finally took myself down to 0 reviews last night and should get back on track soon.

4 Likes

:scream:

9 Likes

Took me 577 days to actually get kinda serious about wanikani (and my japanese studies) :sweat_smile:
Besides that used the vacation mode quite a few times, resulting in a level that took me 138 days.

2 Likes

Dang, you got the devotee badge!

2 Likes

There goes your average!

3 Likes

So far, my longest level was Level 5. Man that thing took me forever!!!

1 Like