Your Longest Level

I mean, everyone has a level they take too long on, I’ve seen some of your statistics (not that I’m free of sin). What are yall’s longest levels?

I’m currently on level 9 for…114 days. I really need to get to those new lessons.

Edit: Good news everyone! Level 10! Only took 123 days : D

My longest level was like 600 and some days :sweat_smile:

To be fair, I’m only level 7, but 7 days 22 hours is the max (レべル三) :sweat_smile:

I had to stop studying on WK for almost 3 years and forgot to put on vacation mode. I was at level 11 and when I came back I tried to force myself to re-study without resetting, but it was too overwhelming and it would have taken me weeks (if not months), so I decided to reset to level 7.

For some reason the WK stats website didn’t reset my “long vacation” status and now apparently I’ve been on level 8 for 917 days

EDIT
Btw why does my icon on the forum say that I’m lvl 7 when I’m actually lvl 8?

452 days for me. Sort of embarrassing seeing that on the stats chart xD

At this point, I’m just happy I finally got to 60 after all the sidetracking. :slight_smile:

Mine is level 25 so far.

My longest level is my current one. Up to about 60 days now.


Edit: added a screenshot

It’ll update eventually I think, but you can force it by logging out and logging back in again.

My longest level had been level 25 with almost 180 day. I had done only reviews before going into vacation mode as I knew that I wouldn’t have much time for Wanikani (new job, life). I had already noticed that I had trouble recalling all those items coming up for burn. So after three month I decided to reset to level 1 and learn everything again…
It feels good to have a 100% score for a change.

While my longest level is technically 1268 days and 9 hours, my realistic longest level was 12 days and 9 hours after I got serious. WK really needs to offer more free levels, almost didn’t get my business. 3 levels is not enough to get a feel for WK.

But as for you taking 114 days, maybe you oughta consider decreasing you lesson count. When I’m at my laziest even my 4 count lessons are too much. I believe you could make them even as small as 1. If that’s what it takes to keep you on kanji journey, it will be well worth it.

My longest level was level 1. It took me 1945 (!) days.
I got an email about the winter sale, came back, and did my 90 pending reviews, which put me immediately on level 2. I really gave up at a weird time the first time around.

I’ve been on my current level for 90 days ! I slowed way down at level 30. Barely do lessons, and i am enjoying the low numbers of reviews. Think if i’d carried on at the same pace, it would have been unsustainable.

As long as I am still on my …

…i’m happy :wink:

Wanikani - A Kanji Journey - coming summer 2020.

Thank you!

Only one long level - 23 - that was double my average otherwise. With some irony, it was the week I was in Japan :slight_smile: Surrounded by kanji all day but not much time to study it!

This current level, at 38 days. Really fell off the horse with moving and other things - longer than I realized, actually. But I finally took myself down to 0 reviews last night and should get back on track soon.

:scream:

image

9 Likes


Took me 577 days to actually get kinda serious about wanikani (and my japanese studies) :sweat_smile:
Besides that used the vacation mode quite a few times, resulting in a level that took me 138 days.

Dang, you got the devotee badge!

There goes your average!

So far, my longest level was Level 5. Man that thing took me forever!!!