Your favourite Kanji?

Yeah, my favourite has to be 茶. Yeah there’s nothing more so far, hmmm maybe 東 also… What’s your favourite kanji?

6 Likes

I am reserving this spot for @plantron san.

We await your legendary answer :grin:

Plantron’s answer here

Note: Made it a Wiki, Plantron san. This is all yours now.

8 Likes

My personal answer is

無 - Mu - nothing; naught; nought; nil; zero

Adding “Mu” in front of most words can make it perfectly awesome or perfectly useless :grin: Talk about flexibility :stuck_out_tongue:

Of all the “Mu” words, my favorite is 無限 - Mugen - Limitless, Infinite

Sounds Pretty Darn Awesome :metal:

Note: Love your name @TheSokka :+1: (I am being Captain Obvious here :grin:)

8 Likes

I wish that one meant cow, because it really looks like a cow, and says “mu” :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I love cows and moo sounds. But the Cow radical has been one of my personal banes along with fault and arrow :joy:

7 Likes

画 is my favorite kanji so far. It means picture, and it’s the same “ga” as in 漫画 (manga), 作画 (sakuga), 原画 (genga), and 動画 (douga). You get the gist.

Now to remember the stroke order ༼ᕗຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

1 Like

夢 承 興

Because they look cool

4 Likes

I just think it’s pretty, and I like how it looks like a window with raindrops!

18 Likes

Though a Japanese person would likely be a little confused by this, because they say that cows go モーモー. Just one of the differences in their animal sound ideas.

3 Likes

串 -くし - skewer - it looks like yakitori!
屁 - おなら - fart - It is made of the ‘compare’ and ‘corpse’ radicals, but it looks like two little dudes walking along and then the back guy lets one rip and the little stink cloud floats up and over so front guy can smell it.

12 Likes

What have you done!!!

Now he comes…

Now…he…hungers…

2 Likes

魚 because fish be blobbing. :fish:

5 Likes

吸 血 鬼
but like all together

5 Likes

mine is 夜
because it is the first kanji of my favorite song.

4 Likes

this should be the official mnemonic if they ever add it to wanikani

4 Likes

YES!!

MORE!

Mines is 藤 it means wisteria.
P.s: sorry didn’t mean to reply lol

3 Likes

Well if you hang out in the POLL thread, there’s more where that came from. It’s only a matter of time. Unfortunately, The World doesn’t speed things up.

1 Like

:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

吸 would be my favourite it’s fun to write with all the swoops

4 Likes

When I was a teenager, I made an enamel pendant for a friend of mine. She was learning JP at school, so I choose white background and red kanji representing her name.
She loved my present, guarded it jealously over years. I saw her every day at school, there was not a single day she was not wearing it. Even now, over ten years later she still hat this pendant (the enamel is cracked at some places, so wearing it any more could damage it).

So yeah, I think due to my personal connection my favorite kanji is 花

~T :lion:

8 Likes