Whats your favorite radical/kanji?

I just leveled up to 24 (yay!) and the first radical was dawn 旦

I don’t know it just looks so simple and nice I think it might just be my favorite so far! What’s everyone else’s favorite?

5 Likes

My favorite one is 一 ichi

2 Likes

I like 月 personally!

4 Likes

Yea I like that one too, I think it must have been my old favorite. One of the nicest ones for sure!

3 Likes

森 is my favorite!

4 Likes

I think 深 is my favorite. I also like 雨.
I like names that have the kanji 香.

5 Likes

I think my all time fave (so far) has gotta be 骨. It’s like a cute little skeleton.

5 Likes

Makes sense. Haven’t looked that way. It is going to help me.

I associated the sound of breaking bone with this one. I hear the sound “こつ” when I see this kanji.

2 Likes

I like 君, not sure why, it’s just satisfying to write.
As for radicals, I like 忄, it always relates to feelings because it comes from 心!

5 Likes

One of the maaaany reasons I want to reach the end of Wanikani is that the Tetris kanji, 凸 and 凹 appear around the level 57 point. They’re so cute! I can’t wait to inevitably see them pile up in my apprentice queue as I relentlessly struggle to differentiate them.

5 Likes

Their meanings are quite intuitive, so I don’t think that will be an issue :wink:

They’re my favourite as well!

4 Likes

I have two favourite Kanji for different reasons. The first being 毒 because my favourite artist used it in my favourite art piece by them. The second is 鬱 just because of the absurd difficulty of the Kanji.

2 Likes

永 is pretty simple yet meaningful.

4 Likes

愛 is my favorite.

3 Likes

Would you maybe even go as far to say you love it?

1 Like

愛してる!

2 Likes

I’m quite partial to 水! I’ve always loved water, and I liked the look of this kanji right away. And I love the sounds of the readings too! Especially すい, it just sounds right for water.
And someone else mentioned 月 and I also like that. Makes me think of a song I used to listen to that had 月 in the title.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.