WK humour at its best

Hey guys,

So yesterday when I was doing my new lessons, I burst out laughing for the first time while doing WK.
I knew the explanations and mnemonics were funny and all, but the one above takes the cake, and I thought to share it. For those that already passed through level 7, what did you guys think of this one?
The explanation is simple, but it really got me. I knew the meanings of both kanji beforehand, but not the combined meaning.

Anyway, maybe it’s not that funny for everyone, but to me it’s the best one yet. Looking forward to be surprised again :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

I loved a great deal of the level 7 stuff as it time up perfectly with Halloween and spookiness for me. The loons at WaniKani have me rollin’ all the time but you’re totally right, this Meaning Explanation made me laugh here and when I learned it myself <3

2 Likes

I think this made me laugh too, at the time, hahaha. It’s simplicity is perfect

2 Likes

Yeah, sometimes death has a sense of humour…

5 Likes

WK mnemonics made me laugh a lot of times.
Not sure if it’s the best (maybe I forgot a better one), but definitely one of my favorites is this:

4 Likes

Yep, definitely at the top :joy:

there’s many cases where japanese doubles down like this, for example 価値 (value + value = ?) or 場所 (place + place = ?). it’s kinda interesting.

2 Likes

They do like to emphasize certain terms, I noticed :smile:

1 Like

I’m only at level 2, but I already spent a lot of time laughing at the sexy, shirtless Koichi that was in the reading mnemonic for 工 :smile:

2 Likes

Just realised I’ve got a screenshot of it too

2 Likes

Same here haha. I always picture him in fishnets, boots, lipstick and imitating a sexy stripper at a construction site.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.