WK Customizer - Reviews Timeline, Pairing, and Sorting

I’m having glitches with this extension while doing reviews :frowning:

Sometimes when reviewing, I type an answer, I can go to the next item but the answer hasn’t been “registered” and I’m prompted with the same item again later. This can happen several times with the same item. I have not seen this behaviour while doing lessons.

I’m with Chrome / Mac… Anyone else with this problem? Any ideas on how can I sort it out? Or other scripts that re-order the reviews / lessons?

Thanks!

ladybenko said... I'm having glitches with this extension while doing reviews :(

Sometimes when reviewing, I type an answer, I can go to the next item but the answer hasn't been "registered" and I'm prompted with the same item again later. This can happen several times with the same item. I have not seen this behaviour while doing lessons.

I'm with Chrome / Mac… Anyone else with this problem? Any ideas on how can I sort it out? Or other scripts that re-order the reviews / lessons?

Thanks!
 AH! I'm having that exact same problem. I didn't realize it was this extension though. From what I know, kiko isn't really active anymore, so... find a replacement that was updated more recently?
ShotgunLagoon said...
 AH! I'm having that exact same problem. I didn't realize it was this extension though. From what I know, kiko isn't really active anymore, so... find a replacement that was updated more recently?
 I'm glad to see I'm not the only one! I have tried to disable everything in this extension but the timeline, and the glitch happens no more. So I guess I'll just have to look for a re-ordering script, then…

Thanks for the help

Hi,

Thanks for the program but I am trying to uninstall it on my mac, does anyone know how to do that ?

Uninstall it inside your browser, not in the system itself.I don’t remember if it’s an extension or a GreaseMonkey script, but in either case, you have to go to your browser settings, find the extensions, and delete it from there.

Thank you!

I have ported kiko’s WaniKani Customizer Chrome Extension Timeline to a UserScript.
Now I can use it on firefox, but I checked and it also works on chrome.
https://greasyfork.org/scripts/5585-wanikani-timeline

Thanks so much!!

I’m having the same problem!

Me too. I found that closing the tab and reloading will fix temporarily.

AMAZING! Can’t believe it took me this long to find this! 

The timeline stopped working this morning, sigh. Any way to get it back?

My timeline still works.  It’s a standalone (not to be used at the same time as the WK Customizer).
https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/6203-wanikani-timeline-rfindley

I’m guessing kobayashi’s still works too, since our versions are very similar.
https://greasyfork.org/scripts/5585-wanikani-timeline

Neither of those scripts work either. And when I am on the Dashboard page, GreaseMonkey doesn’t show the scripts as active on that page. The timeline thing worked two days ago…and I haven’t done anything, like install other scripts. Baffling. How can I test for the problem?

Never mind. I found the problem. For some reason, Firefox was signing onto http:// instead of https:/

Weird. Thanks so much!

So, I just installed this and have noticed two errors right away:
1) In Incognito mode, I can’t get to the customizer. It tries to go the the extension page,
chrome-extension://pndpijolbflkifbnjcnjdodbemndgmng/options/options.html but returns the message
ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE
The functionality works fine when not in Incognito mode.
(nb - I haven’t read the whole thread to know if this has been previously reported)

2) Once I’ve opened the customizer in a regular session, under the section “Reviews and Lessons”, there is a duplicate entry of
"During reviews, sort current level Kanji to the front of the queue".
I’m guessing that one of the two means to read ‘Vocab’, but I don’t know which one.

I appreciate the added detail this brings to the WK page.  Thanks for writing it. =)

Amejanai said...1) In Incognito mode, I can't get to the customizer. It tries to go the the extension page,
I assume you've checked the box "Allow in Incognito" in the Extensions settings panel?

I stopped using Customizer a while back, I think because it was no longer maintained and had started showing some problems.
But I think all of its features are available as a handful of separate (and improved) userscripts:

- WaniKani Lesson Ordering II
- WaniKani Level Review Order
- WaniKani Override (was that one of the features??? Can't remember)
- WaniKani Timeline

There may be others, but I don't use them, so I can't remember.  Anyway, the current "New And Improved List Of API and Third Party Apps" is here:
/t/The-New-And-Improved-List-Of-API-and-Third-Party-Apps/7694/1

rfindley, indeed, the tool is working fine in Incognito mode.  If it is no longer supported, then I’ll check out other tools, instead.  Thanks for the heads up. =)

It’s such an Injustice that this Talented Person has stopped using WK… sigh

it’s already removed from the Google Chrome Extension…
too bad, i did use it for a long time but i uninstalled it yesterday by mistake :frowning:

This extension is not longer present, as of 2017-07-17, in the Chrome web store. 

1 Like