I’ve got lots of favorite moments, I think. Nothing reigns supreme, but I appreciate lots of the things that get done here and there. Here’s a little list of some of the more recent ones I can think of:
- Demon Slayer: Almost every beheading. The build ups and demon deaths were always very satisfying and carefully thought out in terms of creating sympathy for the demons. Ep19 was cool, but unfortunately it turned out to be a bit of a lie >:(
- Demon Slayer: The beginning of the final episode. It’s not like a super hyped up moment or anything, but the series takes such a dramatic shift in scenery and visuals that I was sitting there like ‘wow! this is totally rad bro’
- Redline: The racing scenes were cool but the ending was just insane, and don’t forget the sudden romantic part of it (which made me go from shell-shocked to traumatized).
- Weathering With You: When they’re falling in the sky and the chorus starts playing. Best experienced in a movie theatre.
- Maquia: When the invaders destroyed the gates of the castle, with all of the soldiers fighting and dying and stuff, along with the childbirth. It was pretty emotional for me, felt like a really powerful moment.
- Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash: When Haruhiro and Yume were crying on each other. That show just kept on feeling more real and genuine (despite it being isekai).