What is the best app to learn to write kanji alongside wanikani?

Hi, I want to learn to write kanji as well as learn them but I don’t know any good apps. Any recommendations would be appreciated!

3 Likes

this app is pretty good, and I believe it syncs with the WK api?

8 Likes

There is an Anki deck that has the kanji cards in the same order as Wanikani. It’s a few years old now so some kanji are out of order, but it’s still pretty solid.

Will link when I find it.

Edit: This is the one I use. [Version 1.05 | 2016-01-31] Anki deck for kanji writing practice - WaniKani / API And Third-Party Apps - WaniKani Community
It looks like it might be discontinued but there’s another one linked in the same thread that you could try too.

1 Like

Ironically enough, Duolingo now has pretty decent support for learning kana and kanji, including stroke order.

1 Like

Skritter has a pretty decent app that lets you practice writing kanji in an SRS format. They even have community-made WaniKani decks, so you could potentially practice writing kanji for the level you’re on. One of the things I liked about it was their iPad / Apple Pencil support. It’s a bit pricey for what it is, but I think right now they have a Black Friday half-off deal through Nov 27.

As iinchou mentioned, Duolingo actually recently upgraded their kanji support, which is pretty decent if you’re just looking to practice a bit of stroke order.

Kanji study is a good app for Kanji (not just strike order) and you can create custom levels based on the ones in Wanikani to follow the same order.

I does! And it’s free!
Love it, thanks for the recommendation :star_struck:

(They should really hire a designer though lol)

1 Like

I only found a WK deck, a vocabulary one with ALL WK vocab, but I just want to learn how to write kanji ;.;

I use Japanese Kanji Study by Chase Colburn. Unfortunately it’s only available for Android. I use a galaxy tab for studying kanji on it (having a pen makes it way easier than using the finger)